Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been studying. Hope I am ready
Been studying. Hope I am ready
Finally getting my sleep study.  Was scheduled for last week but got delayed. Anxious to get this moving toward a new machine!
When is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been studying. Hope I am ready
Don't forget your pillow and teddy bear.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
And those oh-so-important milk 'n cookies.  Gotta go to bed with a snack in the tummy!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a small package of WET wipes to get the EEG LEAD goop out of your hair.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
The best way to remove that “glue” from you scalp:

While in the shower, first use water only on your scalp (not hot, but warn as you can tolerate.)
Use your fingers and start rubbing the goop. It will start to dissolve. Use shampoo after you’ve managed to dissolve that goop.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I think I passed. I track sleep on an Apple Watch (current CPAP is a brick). When they woke me up at 5:00 am this morning it showed that I had slept for 5 hours. That is more sleep than I have had in months. Used a Dreamwear FFM which I loved. Much better than the Ultra Mirage I have been using for 12 years.

Was tough getting to sleep without any device (split night study) but I apparently managed to get enough for the process.

Calling the doctor's office today to see where we go from here and if it can be expedited - my current machine, a RemStar Plus M Series is really acting up.
Post Reply Post Reply
So far, so good. Hopefully it will all work out to meet your needs.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, I am impressed! The Doctor's assistant called me yesterday afternoon and told me that the test would be graded that day and a prescription sent to my DME provider today. I asked her if I could request a specific unit and she said that I could. Told her the equipment I wanted to get and she agreed.

This morning at 10:40am I got a call from Apria! Rental (Medicare purchase) agreement was emailed to me, signed and emailed back. Equipment is being sent to me via Fed Ex and should arrive within three days! Already have a list of the equipment being sent and have my follow up appointment scheduled with Sleep Doctor. All I need now is a copy of the prescription and I will be one happy camper!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2018, 07:51 PM)Tinman53 Wrote: Wow, I am impressed!  The Doctor's assistant called me yesterday afternoon and told me that the test would be graded that day and a prescription sent to my DME provider today.  I asked her if I could request a specific unit and she said that I could.  Told her the equipment I wanted to get and she agreed.

This morning at 10:40am I got a call from Apria!  Rental (Medicare purchase) agreement was emailed to me, signed and emailed back.  Equipment is being sent to me via Fed Ex and should arrive within three days!  Already have a list of the equipment being sent and have my follow up appointment scheduled with Sleep Doctor.  All I need now is a copy of the prescription and I will be one happy camper!

like  "I love it when a plan comes together."  Wishing you a good night's sleep for a better tomorrow.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
When you get the machine check the total hours and make sure it's not used.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Ready to give it another try! Welcoming any suggestions egoodman 6 759 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Change to BIPAP vauto in hope for better therapy Dave Water 41 2,942 05-24-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  what's the best pricing to hope for Resmed 11 Dave W 3 488 03-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  Ready to go!! Please check my settings pkersey 9 1,156 09-27-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: pkersey
Smile Waiting on CPAP/Looking for adivice + hope kentuckywildcats87 4 594 07-12-2022, 07:52 AM
Last Post: kentuckywildcats87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.