Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been studying. Hope I am ready
RE: Been studying. Hope I am ready
Super awesome!!!

12 years on a machine and type of mask. Wow! Now you're zooming ahead light years!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, congratulations to Apria! They have just beat out Spectrum Cable for the world's worse customer service (and I wasn't sure anyone could beat Spectrum at that game).

As I reported earlier I got the call from Apria on Thursday making the arrangements to obtain my prescribed equipment. The young lady instructed me to "keep the line clear for a call from your local office to arrange delivery and training." She had mentioned earlier that it would be shipped to me, but I didn't push it at that point. Shortly after that I received another call from their number but missed the call and there was no message. I called back and asked if everything was in order. This young lady was not the same one I had dealt with previously - it was obvious that English was neither's primarily language.

She told me that I needed to sign and submit the rental agreement. I informed that I had done that earlier. She said there was no record of it and emailed the agreement to me again. I signed and returned it immediately.

I asked for clarification on how the equipment would be delivered. She told me that the equipment was being shipped via FedEx and should arrive Saturday.

Well, today is Monday and still no equipment so I called them again. The third young lady, who did not have any more command of the English language than the first two, told me to contact my local Apria office and arrange for the delivery. Looked up the local office number and gave it a call - this call ended up back in India where the 800 number goes.

Went to the local Apria office to try to track down the equipment. The office personnel there looked up my order and informed me that the equipment was being shipped to their warehouse in Kansas and from there would be shipped to my home. There was no indication that the equipment has arrived at their warehouse so she had no idea when I would get it. Local staff made it obvious that they were aware of the terrible service and misinformation being provided by their out sourced phone service, but were helpless to do anything about it.

So, I continue to wait hoping for a descent night's sleep...
When is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad to hear we're providing India so many jobs. That must mean there's no more welfare being paid in the USA. 

Annoyed-and-disappointed
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you can get a tracking number the next time you are told anything like this:
Quote: She told me that the equipment was being shipped via FedEx and should arrive Saturday.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lady in the local office attempted to obtain a tracking number for me, but as it has not arrived at their warehouse for shipment to me she was unable to obtain. She did request that they provide me with a shipping number once they shipped from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps this waiting time could be spent calling other DMEs to see if anyone can act faster?

When I returned my machine to my "dr"/DME, that same day I called another DME and they had a new machine (with all the bells and whistles) in my hands within 3 hours!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 03:19 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Perhaps this waiting time could be spent calling other DMEs to see if anyone can act faster?

When I returned my machine to my "dr"/DME, that same day I called another DME and they had a new machine (with all the bells and whistles) in my hands within 3 hours!

Regretfully, I don't have the availability of another DME with my Medicare Advantage plan.  I am going to give it a couple more days then start raising heck with my insurance carrier.  They are very responsive to concerns from customers and have been helpful in the past.  

I am trying very hard to maintain my composure - when I was working and would face an issue like this I would pursue it to the highest level and not stop until it was resolved.  Now that I am out of that stress inducing position I don't want to go nuts again!

Thanks for the suggestions and replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah Apria is still up to their old standards of customer service, at least in delivery of a new machine. I got a similar dance routine with my ASV. I did call them every day after missing the first deadline. I had my insurance onboard early, they even called Apria several times for me, and they actually expedited my approval for the ASV.

Even so, Duck doc and Apria mismanaged the process so badly, it took about 1.5 months to get the ASV into my hands after the sleep study was done. I feel very fortunate that the insurance customer services for me was actually very knowledgeable and professional. If you have all 3 amigos, the Duck/doc, DME, and insurance against you, uhh yuck, major headaches! Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm surprised that Apria is still on the preferred suppliers list with many insurance programs...
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 01:46 PM)ycsi Wrote: I'm surprised that Apria is still on the preferred suppliers list with many insurance programs...

Have to agree there. I will say that if you can get a good local office, things are at least OK. For me that is anyway. Supplies are pretty easy. Getting a new machine probably reveals their biggest weakness.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 627 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Ready to give it another try! Welcoming any suggestions egoodman 6 759 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Change to BIPAP vauto in hope for better therapy Dave Water 41 2,941 05-24-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  what's the best pricing to hope for Resmed 11 Dave W 3 487 03-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  Ready to go!! Please check my settings pkersey 9 1,155 09-27-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: pkersey
Smile Waiting on CPAP/Looking for adivice + hope kentuckywildcats87 4 592 07-12-2022, 07:52 AM
Last Post: kentuckywildcats87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.