Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Before I die, I want to go to...
RE: Before I die, I want to go to...
A somewhat similar circumstance with my Dad. His story varies in that he had congestive heart failure and suffered from several heart attacks and I forgot whether it was a triple or quad bypass. He was on the highest level heart transplant list. He had what I recall was another heart attack around April 1992, where he was taken to (Penn State) Hershey Medical Center. He was there at just over 24 hours, and I recall staying in the waiting room overnight with my 3 brothers and Mom. I was asked to go in and visit him in his room the next morning, and for some reason I felt compelled to make amends and tell him how much I respected and loved him. Soon after, my brothers and I drove home about 2 hours away. Mom stayed with Dad. He passed away about 1 hour after my brothers and I had left the hospital. Later, Mom said that she did not think he suffered that last hour.

My Dad died at age 43 when I was 22. At least he died knowing we loved him despite butting heads with each other almost all the time. My dad's passing away weighed heavily on me for some time after that, as I considered what life was actually supposed to be about. This was one of several reasons I sought God for salvation from sin. It took a bit over 2 years after my father passed away, but on
July 4, 1994 God saved my soul at a Church of God camp meeting in Manassas, VA. I'm blessed to know where I stand with God, and that if I hold true to God, I know where I will go after I pass away. And without Him, I could not have endured the illnesses and storms life has brought.

Good day to each on Apnea Board.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
No father should die at such a young age, and that is tragic. 

My youngest brother passed two weeks shy of turning 48 in Jan. of 2010. My youngest brother's passing took a huge toll on my mother. 

She passed in July of 2012. Her last two years were pretty bad emotionally for her. She was a retired nurse and she passed in a hospital ICU. That's the last place on earth she would have wanted to be in.  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe this sounds like I'm a bit odd or "cold" or some other negatively slanted descriptor, however when my Dad passed away that young, I actually felt that it was good that his suffering and pain ended. He used to love deer hunting and fishing as pastimes. He also loved to build household projects with things from the lumber and hardware departments. This was before Home Depot days. He'd use a pad of paper and pencil to draw this project out, then get us boys to do the work. It always seemed to look odd to us until the project was finished and yet it just had a way of coming out right when it was done.

Then Dad got sick with heart conditions and a severely chronic back condition, and things went downhill for him after that. He no longer could do the things he loved. The medical conditions consumed and replaced every one of his hobbies with constant pain and endless doctor visits with the big list of medications to not really address anything with other medications to fix the side effects from the first medications. That was the shell my Dad became in his mid 30's.

If there were a moral to give, I'd guess it's that each of us need to make all the time you have with family the best possible at all times. Make every day count for something good, because there will be a day when time and family members are passed. And once gone, you do not get a redo.

Best wishes to all AB to stay safe n sane as much as you can.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.