Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Before you download Rescan read this
Before you download Rescan read this
I downloaded Rescan yesterday and didn't find out any more than I learned from Sleepyhead. My big problem now is that I went to put the SD card back in my machine and it wouldn't work. It put up a message saying something like do I want to re-write the card? No, I didn't but it wouldn't let me use the machine without deleting the info on the card. Now I'm screwed when I go to my doc this Tuesday. I usually go to the DME first. They give me a report off my card, but obviously, that info is now deleted. I'll have only a week of info on there. I'm trying to figure out what to tell them. Fortunately, I do have the info off the card for the doctor because I printed it off Rescan. I wish I'd never messed with it now and am up all night worrying about what's going to happen now. Drat. I wouldn't use Rescan if you're on Medicare. I still have a couple of months before I have to stop reporting in like this. DJ Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Before you download Rescan read this
(10-22-2013, 02:05 AM)djjwilly Wrote: I downloaded Rescan yesterday and didn't find out any more than I learned from Sleepyhead. My big problem now is that I went to put the SD card back in my machine and it wouldn't work. It put up a message saying something like do I want to re-write the card? No, I didn't but it wouldn't let me use the machine without deleting the info on the card. Now I'm screwed when I go to my doc this Tuesday. I usually go to the DME first. They give me a report off my card, but obviously, that info is now deleted. I'll have only a week of info on there. I'm trying to figure out what to tell them. Fortunately, I do have the info off the card for the doctor because I printed it off Rescan. I wish I'd never messed with it now and am up all night worrying about what's going to happen now. Drat. I wouldn't use Rescan if you're on Medicare. I still have a couple of months before I have to stop reporting in like this. DJ Dont-know

I use both ResScan and Sleepy Head and never had that problem. I know you said earlier that you had missing data (in another thread) on your SD card. Maybe there is something wrong with your SD card? Dont-know

RE: Question about SD card please;

Even if the supplier deleted the data, it would be re-written the next time you re-inserted the card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 02:05 AM)djjwilly Wrote: I downloaded Rescan yesterday and didn't find out any more than I learned from Sleepyhead. My big problem now is that I went to put the SD card back in my machine and it wouldn't work. It put up a message saying something like do I want to re-write the card? No, I didn't but it wouldn't let me use the machine without deleting the info on the card. Now I'm screwed when I go to my doc this Tuesday. I usually go to the DME first. They give me a report off my card, but obviously, that info is now deleted. I'll have only a week of info on there. I'm trying to figure out what to tell them. Fortunately, I do have the info off the card for the doctor because I printed it off Rescan. I wish I'd never messed with it now and am up all night worrying about what's going to happen now. Drat. I wouldn't use Rescan if you're on Medicare. I still have a couple of months before I have to stop reporting in like this. DJ Dont-know

I had the same problem the first time I did it, I now just stick with Sleepyhead and haven't had any issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

you have the info in sleepy head still hopefully. you can make a new patient so you don't lose the old info and start the new info under the new patient name. hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know rescan states to use only their SD cards. I've sent mine into my DME and temporarily replaced it waiting for its return. It's not a resmed card and its a SDHS card and misses a day here and there. I guess resmeds machines don't like SDHS cards.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I was the only one allowed to have that problem.
I have found that I can remove the card, lock it, unlock and put it back in the Resmed. After 5 or 10 cycles it will accept the card.
It seems the Resmed machines have very temperamental card readers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just play dumb. Cards *DO* fail for unknown reasons. When you see your DME, you know nothing....got it?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar experience with my card, except I never managed to read the data with Res-scan, I simply copied the data on the card over to my laptop, then put the card back in the machine and it wanted to format it. I think Windows writes status info onto the card and the ResMed macine doesn't like them.

I played around with a spare card, and then found what I hope is a solution. When formatted the card has a folder called "data" where the recordings are kept, plus a few files in the root directory. These just seem to contain set-up data for the machine. The data directory has all the records of what the machine was doing and how your sleep went.

I allowed the ResMed to format it's own card, then put it back in my computer and copied the files I had saved into the empty 'data' folder. This time the ResMed accepted the card without complaint. I may have some explaining to do when I get my check up in 3 weeks time, but hopefully it will be OK!
Diagnosed October 2013.
Resmed S9 + H20 for 7 years
2020 updated  ResMed Autosense 10 and F20 Mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
After importing into either ResScan or Sleepyhead my machine often gives me an error message when reading the card. A check of the card always shows the locking tab has moved to between lock and unlock positions. I move irt all the way to unlock and the S9 reads it OK.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 12:12 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: After importing into either ResScan or Sleepyhead my machine often gives me an error message when reading the card. A check of the card always shows the locking tab has moved to between lock and unlock positions. I move irt all the way to unlock and the S9 reads it OK.

Yes, I get this issue often. You have to put the card straight in or it seems to slide the lock mechanism just enough to cause errors. I can go several weeks with no problems and then have several in a row where I just can't seem to get the card in the right way.

I use both ResScan and SleepyHead. I use the data from SH primarily and only load it into ResScan for if ever there is a big problem, I have a backup software to view it in. I cannot stand ResScan.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,165 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 440 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it. Jenn84 1 481 06-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] need to read OSCAR diagnostic please help Claudia62 8 620 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Claudia62
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 564 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Oscar cannot read ResMed 10 SD Card gsf1 2 541 04-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.