Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Before you download Rescan read this
RE: Before you download Rescan read this
I'm a bit worried how the DME will react when I told them I downloaded Rescan. I can't tell them that right? Do I play stupid or what, and just say I have no idea why there's only a few days of data? I don't want to cause trouble for the person who helped me download the files and will never divulge where I got this info. So, just act dumb? I could do that that the DME and give the doc the info. She's cool and would be ok with that. I'm not sure what to do but sure will act dumb if that's best and will cover my you know what. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 03:50 PM)djjwilly Wrote: I'm a bit worried how the DME will react when I told them I downloaded Rescan. I can't tell them that right? Do I play stupid or what, and just say I have no idea why there's only a few days of data? I don't want to cause trouble for the person who helped me download the files and will never divulge where I got this info. So, just act dumb? I could do that that the DME and give the doc the info. She's cool and would be ok with that. I'm not sure what to do but sure will act dumb if that's best and will cover my you know what. Love, DJ

No need to mention ResScan when you have sleepy head reports right? Your SD card shouldn't have been locked or you probably couldn't have done anything with it (i.e. reformat it, etc.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 02:05 AM)djjwilly Wrote: I downloaded Rescan yesterday and didn't find out any more than I learned from Sleepyhead. My big problem now is that I went to put the SD card back in my machine and it wouldn't work. It put up a message saying something like do I want to re-write the card? No, I didn't but it wouldn't let me use the machine without deleting the info on the card. Now I'm screwed when I go to my doc this Tuesday. I usually go to the DME first. They give me a report off my card, but obviously, that info is now deleted. I'll have only a week of info on there. I'm trying to figure out what to tell them. Fortunately, I do have the info off the card for the doctor because I printed it off Rescan. I wish I'd never messed with it now and am up all night worrying about what's going to happen now. Drat. I wouldn't use Rescan if you're on Medicare. I still have a couple of months before I have to stop reporting in like this. DJ Dont-know

did it ask you if you wanted to overwrite or discard data when you tried to download it? If that is what it asked you, that is a normal question. I always choose discard but not overwrite. If you selected overwrite, you still should have 30 days of data there. I have data from Sept 10 to current on ResScan but I always choose discard

I tested my SD card in ResScan by creating a new patient and downloaded my information. What was imported was all data from Sept. 10 through Oct. 21 which is the full period of my possession of my current machine. hope this helps you DJ.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me, I'd play dumb, nice and simple. End of story.

So many people do not want you to learn anything, yet if you know nothing they blame you for not taking responsibility for your own health. So I tend to play dumb until something happens that makes me feel it's time to not play dumb.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new at this, but wonder if they are using Window$ or some version of a UNIX based O/S for "da box." I sure wouldn't format any SD cards with Windows until I knew for sure. I cannot see a problem reading the data, or maybe an "edit" or two, but formatting is quite serious business.

(10-22-2013, 12:01 PM)malkie0831 Wrote: I had a similar experience with my card, except I never managed to read the data with Res-scan, I simply copied the data on the card over to my laptop, then put the card back in the machine and it wanted to format it. I think Windows writes status info onto the card and the ResMed macine doesn't like them.

I played around with a spare card, and then found what I hope is a solution. When formatted the card has a folder called "data" where the recordings are kept, plus a few files in the root directory. These just seem to contain set-up data for the machine. The data directory has all the records of what the machine was doing and how your sleep went.

I allowed the ResMed to format it's own card, then put it back in my computer and copied the files I had saved into the empty 'data' folder. This time the ResMed accepted the card without complaint. I may have some explaining to do when I get my check up in 3 weeks time, but hopefully it will be OK!

Post Reply Post Reply
Take the water tank out and take your machine into your appointment.

The compliance data is the most important part for insurance, and that's stored on the machine itself. If you put in a new SD card or let it format it, you'll still have that. (and maybe some limited therapy data, I'm not quite sure about that. )

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 09:13 PM)archangle Wrote: Take the water tank out and take your machine into your appointment.

The compliance data is the most important part for insurance, and that's stored on the machine itself. If you put in a new SD card or let it format it, you'll still have that. (and maybe some limited therapy data, I'm not quite sure about that. )

I wonder if this is what DJ was talking about:

did it ask you if you wanted to overwrite or discard data when you tried to download it? If that is what it asked you, that is a normal question. I always choose discard but not overwrite. If you selected overwrite, you still should have 30 days of data there. I have data from Sept 10 to current on ResScan but I always choose discard
Post Reply Post Reply
It wanted me to overwrite the data. I wasn't sure what that meant. I wish I'd known that I'd screw up the card because now I'm really worried. My doctor <nurse practitioner actually. I'm small potatoes to a doctor being on medicare> is pretty cool, so I'm not worried about her getting mad. The DME pretty much hates me now since I've been so off the norm for a medicare patient, most of whom are just victimized and intimadated. I'm a proactive person due to all the medical conditions I have, so they try to avoid me at all costs. I did get some data printed, so I do have info. I'm going to be grateful for that and show it to the nurse. I haven't seen her for three months so I'm not going in and acting stupid. I need help due to all my problems and have to have something for her to look at. I'll be cool about where I got the software, though. No traitor here. You guys are my buddies don't ya know. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 09:32 PM)djjwilly Wrote: It wanted me to overwrite the data. I wasn't sure what that meant. I wish I'd known that I'd screw up the card because now I'm really worried. My doctor <nurse practitioner actually. I'm small potatoes to a doctor being on medicare> is pretty cool, so I'm not worried about her getting mad. The DME pretty much hates me now since I've been so off the norm for a medicare patient, most of whom are just victimized and intimadated. I'm a proactive person due to all the medical conditions I have, so they try to avoid me at all costs. I did get some data printed, so I do have info. I'm going to be grateful for that and show it to the nurse. I haven't seen her for three months so I'm not going in and acting stupid. I need help due to all my problems and have to have something for her to look at. I'll be cool about where I got the software, though. No traitor here. You guys are my buddies don't ya know. Love, DJ

overwriting the data while importing/downloading info has nothing to do with your SD card. It just means that it will overwrite the data currently in the program and download what is on the SD card. Discarding means just discarding duplicate data that has already been imported/downloaded into ResScan.

Are you sure that the information isn't still on your card? I bet you that it is. One way to test this is to go into ResScan and create a test patient and then download the data into the test patient and see what data you have. Hope this helps you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I think I'm done messing with my card. It wouldn't work unless I overwrote it and I had no idea what that meant. I'll just take it in and hope for the best. I feel stupid for messing with something I didn't understand. I'll stick to the sleepyhead program. I found out from there that I have huge spikes in events a few times a month. I don't have the same amount of apneas every night and I bet alot of us don't. It has peaks and valleys. I woke up deader than a junk yard dog the other day and that's why I investigated rescan. I'm at the end o f my rope with all this. I'm trying to learn to love my machine...LOL...Love, DJ. PS: thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 283 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,127 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 439 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it. Jenn84 1 480 06-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] need to read OSCAR diagnostic please help Claudia62 8 619 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Claudia62
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 562 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Oscar cannot read ResMed 10 SD Card gsf1 2 539 04-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.