Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Before you download Rescan read this
RE: Before you download Rescan read this
(10-23-2013, 09:43 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Actually, I think I'm done messing with my card. It wouldn't work unless I overwrote it and I had no idea what that meant. I'll just take it in and hope for the best. I feel stupid for messing with something I didn't understand. I'll stick to the sleepyhead program. I found out from there that I have huge spikes in events a few times a month. I don't have the same amount of apneas every night and I bet alot of us don't. It has peaks and valleys. I woke up deader than a junk yard dog the other day and that's why I investigated rescan. I'm at the end o f my rope with all this. I'm trying to learn to love my machine...LOL...Love, DJ. PS: thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

I understand BUT what I am trying to tell you is that overwriting has NOTHING to do with your SD card and has EVERYTHING to do with downloading the data in ResScan. I betcha your data is still on the SD card IF the issue is that you selected overwrite during the download.

If I am wrong, I will temporarily change my avatar to a Halloween avatar (which is HUGE for me b/c we don't give out candy or decorate for Halloween)!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just print out a copy of what you have on rescan or sleepyhead and take it in to your doctor and explain what happened. I think your making a mountain out of a molehill...sounds like your sleep deprived or something Tongue

When I download from my sd card it scans the entire card, and it asks to overwrite current data or skip. If I select overwrite, it shows it going back through all the days in rescan. It doesn't delete the files cause I didn't start using sleephead until last week, and I have all my data there, as in rescan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 10:23 PM)Bobshouse Wrote: Just print out a copy of what you have on rescan or sleepyhead and take it in to your doctor and explain what happened. I think your making a mountain out of a molehill...sounds like your sleep deprived or something Tongue

When I download from my sd card it scans the entire card, and it asks to overwrite current data or skip. If I select overwrite, it shows it going back through all the days in rescan. It doesn't delete the files cause I didn't start using sleephead until last week, and I have all my data there, as in rescan.

it wouldn't delete the data from your card whether you used overwrite or discard

I love my phone letting me speak my messages but predictive text messes up the meaning sometimes! lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you gone to your doc yet? How did it go?
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I am sleep deprived. I can't use cpap more than 5 hours, usually 4. I can't stand it still and I know that's a useless battle, but with severe tmj, nothing is comfortable in proximity to a jaw like mine. I had a totally dislocated jaw once and no treatment whatsoever. My fam doc told me to get a splint from my dentist for the pain. I've got so many health problems it's disappeared into the woodwork and it's dumb of me not to see what is possible to help the pain, etc. Anyway, my sleep doc thankfully postponed my appt because I need to have the oximeter <spelling?> overnight test done, which I forgot to do, so it's postponed for a couple of weeks. By then I'll be sure to have a month's supply of info on my card. Yes, I've made a mountain out of a molehill. That phrase follows me everywhere I go. I guess the nasty treatment I've received from the DME has left me sick of all. Poor me...I'd go cry in my beer if it was ok for me to drink. Can't do to meds. me50, I sent you a private message several days ago. Did you get it? Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2013, 08:46 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Actually, I am sleep deprived. I can't use cpap more than 5 hours, usually 4. I can't stand it still and I know that's a useless battle, but with severe tmj, nothing is comfortable in proximity to a jaw like mine.

Have you tried nasal masks, especially a nasal pillow like the Swift FX? It doesn't get near the jaw.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, archangel, I use the swift fx. It's the only one I can tolerate. As far as my SD card goes in relation to the above conversation, I go in on 11/14 to have the card info downloaded. I'll just play it cool. I hope the info is on it but if not, I'll think of something and am not worried a bit. I've survived so far and I keep surviving. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 09:37 PM)me50 Wrote:
(10-23-2013, 09:32 PM)djjwilly Wrote: It wanted me to overwrite the data. I wasn't sure what that meant. I wish I'd known that I'd screw up the card because now I'm really worried.

overwriting the data while importing/downloading info has nothing to do with your SD card. It just means that it will overwrite the data currently in the program and download what is on the SD card. Discarding means just discarding duplicate data that has already been imported/downloaded into ResScan.

Hi djjwilly,

me50 is correct. Whether "Overwrite" or "Discard" is selected when downloading data from the card onto your computer (into ResScan), in no case does ResScan overwrite or change or erase any data on the card.

If "Overwrite" is selected then a copy of whatever is on the card will overwrite/replace any data previously downloaded into the computer.

If "Discard" is selected a copy of the data on the card will be downloaded only for days on which the computer has no data; no data will be copied from the card (meaning newly-downloaded data will be discarded) for any days on which your computer already has some data.

In neither case will the data on the card be changed.

It is best to always select "Discard", to make sure we do not overwrite/lose any previously-downloaded detailed data which is no longer on the card.

If we slept past noon (or past what time the machine thinks is noon) and download data into ResScan, ResScan will have a few minutes or hours of data for the new day which started at noon. To bring in additional data (covering when we went to bed that night) for a day on which some data has already been downloaded, the best way to do that would be to delete in ResScan only the day we want to bring in more data for, and then download the data from the card (again selecting "Discard"). Because ResScan will have no data for the deleted day, all data on the card for that day will be downloaded into ResScan, including both the old and the new hours for the deleted day.

To delete a day from ResScan, (if I remember correctly) we right click on the day (in the left-hand navigation window) and select delete.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vaughn

I never thought about checking to see if you could delete information like that. I always made sure I didn't sleep past noon which would go to the next day's data. If I was sleepy I wouldn't drive anywhere and I would wait until after 12 PM to take a nap so that data and the data from the time I slept that night would show on the same day without worrying about losing any detailed data by having to overwrite it.

Thanks for that info

Now that I think about it, if you sleep past noon, doesn't it not show that time when you download into ResScan until you download the next day? I will have to try that and see. At 1 AM, I may not be thinking clearly lol
Post Reply Post Reply
This happened to me too. It is when putting the card back in the machine after it being in a computer.... The S9 has too format the card before it will work again, all days lost.

I did some testing and this happens to me just by opening any file on the card in Windows (8.1). However, if I lock the card before putting it in the computer and then unlock before putting it back in the machine it is OK.

I'm going to play dumb too Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,282 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 304 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 459 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it. Jenn84 1 503 06-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] need to read OSCAR diagnostic please help Claudia62 8 638 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Claudia62
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 597 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Oscar cannot read ResMed 10 SD Card gsf1 2 566 04-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.