Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Before you download Rescan read this
RE: Before you download Rescan read this
(11-09-2013, 02:42 PM)tkeating4 Wrote: This happened to me too. It is when putting the card back in the machine after it being in a computer.... The S9 has too format the card before it will work again, all days lost.

I did some testing and this happens to me just by opening any file on the card in Windows (8.1). However, if I lock the card before putting it in the computer and then unlock before putting it back in the machine it is OK.

I'm going to play dumb too Smile

Oddly I just tested this on my Windows 7 desktop and no issues putting the card back in the machine. Way to go Microsoft! Windows 8.1 strikes again...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2013, 07:41 PM)tkeating4 Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 02:42 PM)tkeating4 Wrote: This happened to me too. It is when putting the card back in the machine after it being in a computer.... The S9 has too format the card before it will work again, all days lost.

I did some testing and this happens to me just by opening any file on the card in Windows (8.1). However, if I lock the card before putting it in the computer and then unlock before putting it back in the machine it is OK.

Oddly I just tested this on my Windows 7 desktop and no issues putting the card back in the machine. Way to go Microsoft! Windows 8.1 strikes again...
I don't have a problem with Windows 8 but I think I read that those that upgraded to 8.1 have problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
My RES 600 lets me scroll through the data, which I put in my bed side notebook (a real paper notebook!), then on my time schedule I put the data into an Excel spread sheet. From there I can make all kinds of pretty charts, and not mess up my SD card, AGAIN.

(11-09-2013, 07:43 PM)me50 Wrote:

I don't have a problem with Windows 8 but I think I read that those that upgraded to 8.1 have problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2013, 07:43 PM)me50 Wrote:

I'm still using Vista! It works, and I know the guts of it. I do have a 120 day trial of Windows 8.1 here on my desk, but doubt if I install it.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem this weekend - I've been using an S9Autoset since May and had no problems with the SD card (other than occasional slips with the lock switch)
However, this weekend I had the card error fault and ended up having to format the card again in the S9 - I don't have to worry about compliance issues and not seeing the Doc again until next year, so the card corruption is not a problem - Just annoying.
For what it's worth, I run windows 7 (8 is too much of a pain in the rear end!) and Sleepyhead. Once a week i copy the card contents to a back up directory on my PC, overwriting any common files. I then import data from that directory to sleepyhead.
I guess the recent files from the backup directory could be copied back to the card, if compliance is an issue, in my case i don't see it as a problem.

Regards
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2013, 02:58 PM)Plank! Wrote: I guess the recent files from the backup directory could be copied back to the card, if compliance is an issue, in my case i don't see it as a problem.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum!

When ResMed reformats SD card it also automatically writes on the card daily compliance data for the past year and daily summary statistics for (I think) the past month.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had a similar problem but it was with the SD card for my camera, not for my CPAP.

BTW, a lot of the more recent and extra nasty computer malware (viruses) try to use USB sticks and SD cards to try and spread.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Someone reported elsewhere that Win8.1 puts a hidden system file called "system volume information" onto any SD card inserted to a Win8.1 machine. If so, that's a serious bug that will trash any S9 SD card.

If you get a chance, open a dos window, cd to the SD card and do dir /a. See if there's a "System Volume Information" directory on it.

Curse you arrogant bastards at Microsoft.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 02:37 AM)Tez62 Wrote:
(10-22-2013, 02:05 AM)djjwilly Wrote: I downloaded Rescan yesterday and didn't find out any more than I learned from Sleepyhead. My big problem now is that I went to put the SD card back in my machine and it wouldn't work. It put up a message saying something like do I want to re-write the card? No, I didn't but it wouldn't let me use the machine without deleting the info on the card. Now I'm screwed when I go to my doc this Tuesday. I usually go to the DME first. They give me a report off my card, but obviously, that info is now deleted. I'll have only a week of info on there. I'm trying to figure out what to tell them. Fortunately, I do have the info off the card for the doctor because I printed it off Rescan. I wish I'd never messed with it now and am up all night worrying about what's going to happen now. Drat. I wouldn't use Rescan if you're on Medicare. I still have a couple of months before I have to stop reporting in like this. DJ Dont-know

I had the same problem the first time I did it, I now just stick with Sleepyhead and haven't had any issues.

I believe I have solved the data card issue for Resmed S9 with Rescan

after removing the card lock it, let rescan read it then unlock and put back in your cpap no issues

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I always have the issue after using Rescan with the sd card when putting it back into the machine. What I believe is happening is that when rescan reads the card it flips a bit or switch that causes this, If you allow the S9 to overwrite the card nothing appears to happen nor do you appear to lose any data as the next time you use it with rescan it asks if you want to overwrite duplicate data or ignore it. I think the S9 has some onboard temporary memory so you lose nothing.

However I have found a way to not get those message at all.
When you remove the sd card form the S9 lock it with the tab, Rescan can still "read" it then before reinserting back in the S9 unlock it. No message except reading card,

Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,144 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 439 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it. Jenn84 1 481 06-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] need to read OSCAR diagnostic please help Claudia62 8 620 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Claudia62
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 563 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Oscar cannot read ResMed 10 SD Card gsf1 2 539 04-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.