Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure 15. Dreamwear
Pressure 15. Dreamwear
Is a 15pressure to much for a dreamwear? I feel pressure in my head and ears.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure 15. Dreamwear
Welcome ABT4. I am not sure, but a more knowledgeable person will chime in, soon.

I suspect there isn't a problem, but guess it is the pressure 15 cm that is causing the ear and head (sinus) to feel 'stretched'.

Any pain that does not subside should be mentioned to the doctor's staff.

Good luck,

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my Dreamwear at 15 and above on occasions and haven't had any problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 09:25 PM)ABT4 Wrote: Is a 15pressure to much for a dreamwear? I feel pressure in my head and ears.

It could be just because you are not used to the feel of pressure.  Is this the pressure your doctor prescribed?  You also could lower the pressure until you start to feel comfortable.  A pressure of 15 may be too much for just starting out.

You can also try sitting up watching TV or reading with mask and machine on an hour a day just to get used to it.

Please filled out your profile....what brand machine are you using, Cpap or Auto Cpap?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ABT4 hope you get everything sorted out. Welcome to the forum, glad you found us!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
On occasion I can feel a slight pressure in my ears.
not enough to cause pain or discomfort.
goes away before I fall asleep.

If your not doing it already, try the ramp feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ABT4,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What machine do you have: It would be really helpful to us here on the board if you would fill out your profile with the name of your machine.
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 583 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.