Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-6
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Being treated for osa
I've been being treated for osa. Ladies gentlemen I've been giving this apap my all for 8 months I used it. Worked half of the time. I totally gave up on it thinking I have other issues. I feel like I'm going insane due to the fatigue. It's creating a whole other set if issues. I lost twenty pounds took some sleeping aids to no avail. I've done all the research i could possibly do friends I've come to the conclusion that it's not mental. I've tried serequel klonopin valium to no avail. I've come to term that it has to be a physical medical condition weather it's osa or csa or both. Anyways I'm desperate so for the first time in a month I'm going to give it my best with the apap machine. Can you guys give me any information, advice anything will help thank you guys.
03-09-2016 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Being treated for osa
G'day Arthuralferez, welcome to Apnea Board.

We're going to give you all the help we can, but first I'm going to ask you a lot of questions to get a proper understanding of your problem. Sorry if it feels like filling out a government form, but the more information you can give us the better we'll be able to help.

First, were you diagnosed with apnea with a sleep test? If so, do you have a copy of your results? If so, scan the summary page and attach it to your next post. Alternatively, do you know what your results were? We specifically need obstructive apnea index (OAI), central apnea index (CAI) and hypopnea index (HI). Also the apnea hypopnea index, which is the total of the others (AHI = OAI + CAI + HI)

Did you have a titration study? If so, what was the prescription (ie the recommended pressures)?

What is the exact machine you have? The name will be printed on the machine itself, near the power button (for a Resmed S9) or in the lower right corner (Resmed Airsense).

Do you know which type of nasal pillows you're using?

OK, just a few more questions to go...

From the number of pills you quoted you must be having severe insomnia. Is this only when you're using your machine or did you have insomnia beforehand? Do you have trouble falling asleep with the machine, or do you wake up in the night and can't continue to use it?

When you use the machine, do you experience leaks from the mask or from your mouth? Do you find the mask uncomfortable? Do you find it hard to get sufficient air? Or hard to breathe against the pressure?

Anything else you can tell us about your experience with the machine?

OK, that's enough for now. Wink If you could answer that lot you'll be doing well, and importantly it will give us some solid information to help you.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-10-2016 06:06 AM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: Being treated for osa
Hi Arthuralferez,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Do try to answer the questions in the post above so we can help you.
Much success to you.

trish6hundred
03-10-2016 05:52 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AHI TREATED OR NOT? fiur 12 679 09-20-2016 10:05 PM
Last Post: fiur
  How can you know if OA is treated? fiur 1 228 09-20-2016 02:38 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How long did it take to get treated? upat3am 15 903 04-24-2016 01:06 AM