Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Being treated for osa
Being treated for osa
I've been being treated for osa. Ladies gentlemen I've been giving this apap my all for 8 months I used it. Worked half of the time. I totally gave up on it thinking I have other issues. I feel like I'm going insane due to the fatigue. It's creating a whole other set if issues. I lost twenty pounds took some sleeping aids to no avail. I've done all the research i could possibly do friends I've come to the conclusion that it's not mental. I've tried serequel klonopin valium to no avail. I've come to term that it has to be a physical medical condition weather it's osa or csa or both. Anyways I'm desperate so for the first time in a month I'm going to give it my best with the apap machine. Can you guys give me any information, advice anything will help thank you guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Being treated for osa
G'day Arthuralferez, welcome to Apnea Board.

We're going to give you all the help we can, but first I'm going to ask you a lot of questions to get a proper understanding of your problem. Sorry if it feels like filling out a government form, but the more information you can give us the better we'll be able to help.

First, were you diagnosed with apnea with a sleep test? If so, do you have a copy of your results? If so, scan the summary page and attach it to your next post. Alternatively, do you know what your results were? We specifically need obstructive apnea index (OAI), central apnea index (CAI) and hypopnea index (HI). Also the apnea hypopnea index, which is the total of the others (AHI = OAI + CAI + HI)

Did you have a titration study? If so, what was the prescription (ie the recommended pressures)?

What is the exact machine you have? The name will be printed on the machine itself, near the power button (for a Resmed S9) or in the lower right corner (Resmed Airsense).

Do you know which type of nasal pillows you're using?

OK, just a few more questions to go...

From the number of pills you quoted you must be having severe insomnia. Is this only when you're using your machine or did you have insomnia beforehand? Do you have trouble falling asleep with the machine, or do you wake up in the night and can't continue to use it?

When you use the machine, do you experience leaks from the mask or from your mouth? Do you find the mask uncomfortable? Do you find it hard to get sufficient air? Or hard to breathe against the pressure?

Anything else you can tell us about your experience with the machine?

OK, that's enough for now. Wink If you could answer that lot you'll be doing well, and importantly it will give us some solid information to help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Being treated for osa
Hi Arthuralferez,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Do try to answer the questions in the post above so we can help you.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One machine says I'm treated, another suggests I'm not shawsg 5 237 03-10-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can Palatal Prolapse be treated with CPAP Motomom 40 10,160 08-21-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: aquamike
  Did your liver and kidney function improve after being treated on CPAP? theredheadsaid 5 797 09-27-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  [Diagnosis] New Guy Needs a review - Treated but untreated. Madapples 21 2,447 08-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Madapples
  ASV - How to know if UARS is treated? IUsedToSnore 2 1,309 05-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance fredkahan 3 1,045 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: fredkahan
  Technically Treated - To my core Tired Geologeek 63 5,997 03-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.