Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Being without cpap
RE: Being without cpap
More about the REMstars:
  • The SE, Plus, and Pro models are all fixed-pressure.
  • The Auto models do APAP in addition to fixed-pressure.
  • The BiPAP models are overkill (the most you need is APAP) unless your previous machine was also bi-level, which your profile/sidebar says is not the case.
  • "S" after the model number means it has an SD card.
  • "H" after the model number means it has a humidifier, or "T" means it has humidifier and heated tube.
For instance, DS560HS is a REMstar Auto in the 60 series with humidifier and SD card.  Its equivalent in the generation before that is DS550HS.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2018, 09:44 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: Thank you everyone for the quick replies.
My Machine is gone :-(  They came this morning.
I am searching craigslist and other sources for a machine for now...
I keep coming across a Remstar A flex and Remstar Plus.....never heard of it.
Im trying to get something inexpensive to just hold me over until the new one comes.

Supplier 32 has the lowest price new machines.  In used machines, I advise against the CPAP Plus as it is fixed pressure with no data, and could be any age machine.   In Philips Respironics, only the System One 60 Series Auto or Pro, or Dreamstation Auto or Pro CPAP should be considered.  For Resmed, either the S9 or Airsense 10 Autoset or Elite CPAP.  Here is what I see near you:

The Plus CPAP for $100 in the Lakeland Craigslist is an old M-series. It is at least 12 years old.
The one listed for $250 in Lakeland is an overpriced System one 60 series Plus and has no data. 
There is also a Fischer Paykel auto that would be a decent buy under $150. 
The Remstar Pro at $85 in Brooksville is a good 60-series fixed pressure CPAP with data. 
The Auto A-Flex in Lutz FL for $200 is a good  System One 60-series machine if run hours are under 8000.
The Auto A-Flex in Olsmar FL for $200 is a good  System One 60-series machine if run hours are under 8000.
The new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in Dunedin is a good buy at $500 in a great town for lunch.
The Resmed Airsense 10 for $225 in Lake County may be a good buy. I can't tell what model this is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2018, 11:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 09:44 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: Thank you everyone for the quick replies.
My Machine is gone :-(  They came this morning.
I am searching craigslist and other sources for a machine for now...
I keep coming across a Remstar A flex and Remstar Plus.....never heard of it.
Im trying to get something inexpensive to just hold me over until the new one comes.

Supplier 32 has the lowest price new machines.  In used machines, I advise against the CPAP Plus as it is fixed pressure with no data, and could be any age machine.   In Philips Respironics, only the System One 60 Series Auto or Pro, or Dreamstation Auto or Pro CPAP should be considered.  For Resmed, either the S9 or Airsense 10 Autoset or Elite CPAP.  Here is what I see near you:

The Plus CPAP for $100 in the Lakeland Craigslist is an old M-series. It is at least 12 years old.
The one listed for $250 in Lakeland is an overpriced System one 60 series Plus and has no data. 
There is also a Fischer Paykel auto that would be a decent buy under $150. 
The Remstar Pro at $85 in Brooksville is a good 60-series fixed pressure CPAP with data. 
The Auto A-Flex in Lutz FL for $200 is a good  System One 60-series machine if run hours are under 8000.
The Auto A-Flex in Olsmar FL for $200 is a good  System One 60-series machine if run hours are under 8000.
The new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in Dunedin is a good buy at $500 in a great town for lunch.
The Resmed Airsense 10 for $225 in Lake County may be a good buy. I can't tell what model this is.

Youre awesome   Thank you!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone is selling a Fischer Paykel.....not sure of model yet.....asking for best offer?  advice?

Also a Resmed portable Tango with humdifier for $75>
Post Reply Post Reply
About the Fisher & Paykel, SR said under $150, which sounds about right, but it's important to know what model it is (ask the seller) and preferably also how many run hours it has on it. Sleepyhead can import data from the Icon but not the Sleepstyle, and I don't know whether that Icon support includes the Icon+ (Icon Plus). The main thing is whether the one that's for sale does APAP.

The Resmed Tango is one that I wouldn't go for at any price. The design is 11 years old, so the hardware is probably almost that old, and it lacks a lot of features and is not compatible with anything.

If you want to pay $125 for a known-good fixed-pressure machine without a humidifier, Supplier #2 also has a bunch of those, and I see now that this contradicts what I said earlier about not buying a pig in a poke, because that's what you get: they choose the make & model. It's on their web page summarizing all of their used machines available (or supposedly available) at the moment. The description says: "Machine model will vary. CPAP machine only (humidifier not included). Machines may have high blower hours, slight scratches/blemishes, etc. Guaranteed to arrive functional, and pressure accurate."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2018, 01:05 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: About the Fisher & Paykel, SR said under $150, which sounds about right, but it's important to know what model it is (ask the seller) and preferably also how many run hours it has on it.  Sleepyhead can import data from the Icon but not the Sleepstyle, and I don't know whether that Icon support includes the Icon+ (Icon Plus).  The main thing is whether the one that's for sale does APAP.

The Resmed Tango is one that I wouldn't go for at any price.  The design is 11 years old, so the hardware is probably almost that old, and it lacks a lot of features and is not compatible with anything.

If you want to pay $125 for a known-good fixed-pressure machine without a humidifier, Supplier #2 also has a bunch of those, and I see now that this contradicts what I said earlier about not buying a pig in a poke, because that's what you get: they choose the make & model.  It's on their web page summarizing all of their used machines available (or supposedly available) at the moment.  The description says: "Machine model will vary.  CPAP machine only (humidifier not included). Machines may have high blower hours, slight scratches/blemishes, etc.  Guaranteed to arrive functional, and pressure accurate."
Thank you so much. You've been so helpful. Turns out the F &P was an icon supposedly very lightly used. He wanted $500 for the bundle.....no thanks!!
Still searching......
Post Reply Post Reply
\Just curious (did anyone ever find that yellow hatted man??)

As it is now a used machine, I have to wonder what the DME will end up using it for. Did you try making them a purchase offer for a bargain price? A couple hunnerd bucks to them beats taking back a machine they cant' do a whole lot with. They probably already covered their cost with whatever insurance paid them. So any offer is lilkely profit to them and a machine they don't have to deal with.

If you're happy with your machine.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2018, 08:29 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: \Just curious (did anyone ever find that yellow hatted man??)

As it is now a used machine, I have to wonder what the DME will end up using it for.  Did you try making them a purchase offer for a bargain price?  A couple hunnerd bucks to them beats taking back a machine they cant' do a whole lot with.  They probably already covered their cost with whatever insurance paid them.  So any offer is lilkely profit to them and a machine they don't have to deal with.

If you're happy with your machine.

They were charging me $499 for it. 
I am without a machine now and not happy ..but I don't have an extra $500.  I hope my dr gets a jump on and gets this next order in. I emailed a reminder to him for tomorrow. 
I've searched the used ads locally and haven't found anything.  Today someone had a resmed 9 with 18000 hours on it!!, wanted $150.
I think I may try my luck with Supplier #2 ...I was hoping to find one right away but that's not happening.

Week do you think about pawn shops?
Post Reply Post Reply
I once scored a great deal on a DeVillbiss Intellipap Auto with like less than 15 hours on it for $100, IIRC. BUT those are not everyday ocurrances. If you just strolled into a pwn shop you'd likel get a "Hunhwhat?" if you asked about a CPAP. My pawn shop purchase was advert in CL, BTW and I thought it was a private party until I called and said I wanted to see it and they said "Fine. It's at Cash America Pawn on Lemmon. Ask for Louis.".

SecondwindCPAP (sometimes referred to as "Supplier #2") is highly recommended. And yes, you can say "SecondwindCPAP" - you just can't append a "dot" in combination with a "com" without violating forum rules...
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
That Philips Auto CPAP in Lutz for $200 is a good machine if it is non-smoking and decent hours. You may be able to offer less and it's about 50 miles.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.