Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Benchmark figures for CPAP analysis???
Benchmark figures for CPAP analysis???
Hi all,

I've just started using Sleepyhead v0.9.3 with my F&P Icon Premo, and I'm trying to wrap my mind around the charts and numbers.

Does anyone know were/if I can find a list of "normal", "ideal" or "target" data? I'd like to try to understand my sleep data in comparison to these benchmarks.

So far the only yardstick my sleep doc has given me is that he's like to see AHI at 5 or lower. Doesn't give me a lot to work with given the mass of data available from Sleepyhead.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Benchmark figures for CPAP analysis???
Beside AHI consistently below 5, the other two important things, finding a comfortable mask and feeling better on PAP (even slightly to begin with)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that and trying to keep your leak rate under 24...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2014, 02:59 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Well, that and trying to keep your leak rate under 24...
This is only true is you are using a RESMED CPAP machine. The Icons and the System Ones report total leaks instead of unintentional leaking.

To the OP: What mask are you using and what pressure are you using? Those two things determine what is a reasonable target leak rate to aim for.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2014, 05:59 PM)robysue Wrote: To the OP: What mask are you using and what pressure are you using? Those two things determine what is a reasonable target leak rate to aim for.
a little bird told me, he uses Quattro FX CPAP Pressure: 11
@11 Quattro FX intentional leak about 40 L/m http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf above that number is unintentional leak
something like below 60 l/m is acceptable

Post Reply Post Reply
You want the AHI to be below 5.
You want a mask that is comfortable and that doesn't leak (check the link zonk has). Acceptable leak rate means a valid AHI.
You want to feel rested during the day.

The rest of it just backs up or explains the AHI. You can use that data to fine tune your AHI once you have used it for a while (as in about 3 months or more) but as long as it stays below 5 and you're feeling good? Great!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 322 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,420 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 147 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 368 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 869 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 255 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.