Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Benefits of Oscar?
Benefits of Oscar?
Can someone tell me the useful information Oscar can provide over the standard ResMed myAir reports? New user here. I already can see I have improved AHI with my new AS 10 machine, but I'm not convinced that I am getting quality deep sleep time - possibly other arousal issues other that OSA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Benefits of Oscar?
myAir is basically a motivational tool and not really intended for more than that. It's a daily "report card" that gives little useful data about your therapy.

OSCAR is a very comprehensive program that gives you just about everything you would need to dial in your treatment to be the most effective.
You can take a look at this WIKI information to see more. 
OSCAR - The Guide - Apnea Board Wiki
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir will give you your AHI. OSCAR breakdown the type of apnea and each kind take a different way to treat. Centrals are apnea but are treated totally opposite than obstructive apnea. And the different types of obstructive apnea have different therapy options. While positional apnea is again needs to be helped in another way So myAir does little to help your therapy but it gives insurance the 2 things they want to pay. 1. AHI below 5 and 2. 4 hours a day minimum use age.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - That looks very helpful. I'll read this Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Benefits of changing masks BreakingBaddd 5 552 10-21-2023, 08:08 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Stimulants - Any Benefits? cmpman1974 22 1,772 07-14-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What changes to maximize therapy benefits? janelleb1985 6 631 05-16-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  6 months in, not feeling major benefits. Any advice? :( vegasboy 8 851 04-14-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: vegasboy
  Benefits of Fixed Pressure?? Brazen 12 1,377 11-19-2022, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  Benefits of Resmed Vauto over ASV? Abletree 8 1,398 04-19-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Abletree
  Aircurve Vauto - Want to change rise time/easy breathe but keep auto benefits Sugarvenom 9 2,007 02-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.