Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Benefits to higher pressures?
I'm new but from reading stuff and my using the spo2 and sleepyhead. I wouldn't use the summary as the low number, because I found it was recording a shift in the sensor, when it didn't read properly.
I would post the graph and see where the drops are and for how long.
I don't know if this is a factor, but you need to allow for altitude. Example, sea level gives a higher number and 5,000ft a lower number.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 05:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: bexiesbruv, what are your pressure settings and EPR. The table you posted of pressure stats don't really show the information needed.  If you can show the daily detail graphs with events, flow, pressure, SpO2, flow limits, then I think we could find an answer.

I dont know how to do that, other than to take separate screen shots of parts of Sleepyhead for each day? I cant do that because of the 600kb limit.
I will try to get onto Imagur and link them

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please see my signature for how to arrange your charts so that all the pertinent data is shown. Also, make sure to turn off the pie chart and the calendar. It's all explained below in "Organize your Sleepyhead data."
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-29-2017, 05:44 PM)bexiesbruv Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 05:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: bexiesbruv, what are your pressure settings and EPR. The table you posted of pressure stats don't really show the information needed.  If you can show the daily detail graphs with events, flow, pressure, SpO2, flow limits, then I think we could find an answer.

I dont know how to do that, other than to take separate screen shots of parts of Sleepyhead for each day? I cant do that because of the 600kb limit.

OK here is the link to imagur.
Altitude. I am at 3100ft according to G Maps/earth.

http://imgur.com/a/j2j6E

EDIT: To add Pressure setting 5/14 epr 3
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 05:44 PM)bexiesbruv Wrote:

My signature also show how to organize and post using Imgur. For starters all graphs can be moved by clicking and dragging. So organize charts as suggested above with events, flow, pressure, SpO2, flow limits.  Alternatively, use the pull-down menu on the lower left corner of the charts to turn off the ones you don't need...everything you posted.  

Minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I tried again, but got the limit reached
Post Reply Post Reply

Post your SleepyHead Data from Imgur https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: iELzLvRl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 02:14 PM)PoolQ Wrote: pretty sure he wanted a higher exhale pressure, so setting EPR to 0 or off would give the most pressure possible, also pretty sure a CPAP cannot increase the exhale higher than the inhale pressure

You're right. Setting EPR to zero gives the highest EPAP.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Since the main objective here is improving spo2, here is what I recommend:
1) Raise effective EPAP. This improves oxygenation by raising PEEP.
2) Have the maximum pressure support aka EPR. This raises oxygenation by improving co2 washout.

Looking at your graph, the first thing you should do is raise the minimum pressure to 7cm, preferably in 0.5cm increments for a week at a time. And keep EPR at 3. Evaluate the results and post it in this thread for further review.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Different pressures for different masks? pollyottis 2 173 07-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Last Post: pollyottis
  [split] max / min pressures - comments please dgiebink 3 217 06-27-2017, 06:54 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Higher pressures = much higher hypopnea/events. Why? lostie42 3 344 06-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Beej
  AHI higher on cpap than before therapy. Sweetpea 67 1,817 05-13-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Sweetpea
  AHI going higher ppca 25 872 05-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Last Post: ppca
  AHI HIGHER AFTER TAKING PAMELOR (nortriptyline) dizzy1 3 240 05-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: dizzy1
  Pressure keeps going up but higher AHI?! Sleepygirl84 59 3,004 05-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Last Post: PoolQ