Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Benefits to higher pressures?
RE: Benefits to higher pressures?
I'm new but from reading stuff and my using the spo2 and sleepyhead. I wouldn't use the summary as the low number, because I found it was recording a shift in the sensor, when it didn't read properly.
I would post the graph and see where the drops are and for how long.
I don't know if this is a factor, but you need to allow for altitude. Example, sea level gives a higher number and 5,000ft a lower number.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 05:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: bexiesbruv, what are your pressure settings and EPR. The table you posted of pressure stats don't really show the information needed.  If you can show the daily detail graphs with events, flow, pressure, SpO2, flow limits, then I think we could find an answer.

I dont know how to do that, other than to take separate screen shots of parts of Sleepyhead for each day? I cant do that because of the 600kb limit.
I will try to get onto Imagur and link them

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please see my signature for how to arrange your charts so that all the pertinent data is shown. Also, make sure to turn off the pie chart and the calendar. It's all explained below in "Organize your Sleepyhead data."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 05:44 PM)bexiesbruv Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 05:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: bexiesbruv, what are your pressure settings and EPR. The table you posted of pressure stats don't really show the information needed.  If you can show the daily detail graphs with events, flow, pressure, SpO2, flow limits, then I think we could find an answer.

I dont know how to do that, other than to take separate screen shots of parts of Sleepyhead for each day? I cant do that because of the 600kb limit.

OK here is the link to imagur.
Altitude. I am at 3100ft according to G Maps/earth.

http://imgur.com/a/j2j6E

EDIT: To add Pressure setting 5/14 epr 3
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 05:44 PM)bexiesbruv Wrote:

My signature also show how to organize and post using Imgur. For starters all graphs can be moved by clicking and dragging. So organize charts as suggested above with events, flow, pressure, SpO2, flow limits.  Alternatively, use the pull-down menu on the lower left corner of the charts to turn off the ones you don't need...everything you posted.  

Minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I tried again, but got the limit reached
Post Reply Post Reply
Post your SleepyHead Data from Imgur http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: iELzLvRl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 02:14 PM)PoolQ Wrote: pretty sure he wanted a higher exhale pressure, so setting EPR to 0 or off would give the most pressure possible, also pretty sure a CPAP cannot increase the exhale higher than the inhale pressure

You're right. Setting EPR to zero gives the highest EPAP.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Since the main objective here is improving spo2, here is what I recommend:
1) Raise effective EPAP. This improves oxygenation by raising PEEP.
2) Have the maximum pressure support aka EPR. This raises oxygenation by improving co2 washout.

Looking at your graph, the first thing you should do is raise the minimum pressure to 7cm, preferably in 0.5cm increments for a week at a time. And keep EPR at 3. Evaluate the results and post it in this thread for further review.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 4 88 Yesterday, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Hauty
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,705 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 149 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 362 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,849 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 409 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 592 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.