Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bernerbits' ongoing CPAP/meds/insomnia saga
RE: Bernerbits' ongoing CPAP/meds/insomnia saga
I mean there's still the issue of getting a full night on the CPAP again, but this is a big step in that direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Last night the anxiety came back - moderate and tolerable though, and the Ambien zonked me out regardless. Same sleep routine - hot shower then watch TV until 8 before allowing myself to lie down on the couch. Not able to sleep on the couch which is good - if uncomfortable with the resurgence in anxiety - because it helps me restrict my sleep. Melatonin XR, Ambien CR and in bed at 9:30, asleep in 20 minutes.

Biggest disruptor of sleep tonight was mask fitting issues. Woke up twice having to readjust my nasal pillows with the higher pressure blowing out the sides. 7 1/4 hours in bed, 6 total hours of better than average quality sleep. Three short night wakings, 4 3/4 hours on the cpap, 4 of them asleep.

I feel like I can finally start trying to tackle CPAP issues and not just sleep issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anxiety pretty bad again today. May be that I need longer for the Zoloft to stabilize.
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked through sleepyhead last night and based on my findings set my pressure to 8-10 last night. Slept straight through on the CPAP for 5 1/2 hours with an AHI of 6.

7 hours of total sleep, though I did sleep in an hour past my target wakeup of 5. So that's going to hurt my sleep consolidation attempts and I'll probably lose sleep tonight, but I'll set an alarm for tomorrow anyhow.

Getting there, one bit at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I got almost all of my sleep on CPAP! AHI slightly worse than yesterday, got a lot of chaos on the SleepyHead readouts both nights.

Much better AHI than when I had max pressure at 16. However, I think this is mouth breathing and not true centrals, and my hypopneas/obstructives actually increased. I'm going to exchange for a FFM or nasal/face hybrid this week, and see if that helps. Meanwhile I'm going to try dialing down the EPR from 3 to 2.

[Image: 6QTPdvc.png]
[Image: 3ribC8Q.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
always good to see numbers coming down!

Hopefully a new mask will address the leaks - once that's under control it might be worth slowing increasing your maximum pressure. small steps
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI under 5! Seems putting max pressure back up to 12 and A-FLEX down from 3 to 2 were the tweaks I needed. Some breathing issues last night falling asleep, with the restriction in exhale relief, but I'll adjust:

[Image: oCkpB8t.png]

I'm not thrilled about only getting 6 hours of sleep with the Ambien CR, but these AHIs are good regardless.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bernerbits,

How do you feel your quality of sleep was? That is alot more important than the number of hours you slept.

49er
Post Reply Post Reply
It was definitely the sleep of the dead, which I'm sure the Ambien is contributing to. That one night waking is very short. Not quite used to dreamless sleep.

I'm feeling at least somewhat energized in the morning, after my one cup of coffee and the Ambien clearing my system each morning, though I do get tired as the day wears on. Speaking of which, I think I'm getting interdose withdrawal anxiety on the Ambien. I'm hoping to start tapering off very soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2016, 06:17 AM)bernerbits Wrote: It was definitely the sleep of the dead, which I'm sure the Ambien is contributing to. That one night waking is very short. Not quite used to dreamless sleep.

I'm feeling at least somewhat energized in the morning, after my one cup of coffee and the Ambien clearing my system each morning, though I do get tired as the day wears on. Speaking of which, I think I'm getting interdose withdrawal anxiety on the Ambien. I'm hoping to start tapering off very soon.

Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, it sounds like you need to start tapering it as soon as you can.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 214 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 152 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 296 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 604 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Ongoing issues with central apneas - seeking help with data analysis Tropicalhammock777 2 422 09-13-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Tropicalhammock777
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 511 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 776 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.