Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bernerbits' ongoing CPAP/meds/insomnia saga
RE: Bernerbits' ongoing CPAP/meds/insomnia saga

Empowering aint' it? One less piece of stress in your life...remember if she calls, "when I want your advise, I'll ask for it".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still nervous she'll notice she's not getting my data and bug me about it... I'm working with a therapist on not needing everyone's approval.

But I don't think she's looking at it that close unless my doctor or I talk to her.
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to the DME and got my full face mask, an Amara View. RT took a couple more opportunities to chastise me for changing the pressure while I was there.

Anyhow breathing seems easier in this thing so we'll see how it goes tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
My neurologist clarified that there is no harmful interaction between Zoloft and Provigil; she was saying that she didn't want to introduce yet another medication at this time with all of these recent changes, and the nurse misunderstood.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bernerbits, just curious if you have ever tested for testosterone. Don't get me wrong, I get mine from a syringe.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, why do you ask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Up to you, but with all the other sh*t you have going on, I thought it might be something like a root cause. It may be nothing, but if it's not where it should be, it might be the (or a) source of the anxiety, fatigue, confidence etc. It is not expensive or difficult to check. Just do a Google search on "testosterone anxiety".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty sure it's mommy issues Smile But I'll ask my doc next time I'm in for a checkup.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slept straight through from 10:30 to 4:20. No leaks with this new mask and it's very comfortable. AHI 3.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi bernerbits,

that's great news. what a different post than when you first started.

Finding the right mask is half the CPAP battle. You have other battles going on, so isn't it great to have settled on a mask that works for you.

As for the RT, sounds a little snooty, as doctors sometimes get when they learn that patients are doing things they learned about on the internet. If your RT doesn't know how much things have been improving, then RT may think you are desperately turning the nobs in a panic.

But you know that you are making considered decisions and step-wise improvements based on the data. If you do have future near term appointments, might be worth showing the RT the data and asking their thoughts and feedback on how to improve even further.

That might put the RT on your side trying to solve a problem rather than thinking you are randomly changing pressures in defiance of RT expertise. The data is hard to dispute.

And if that doesn't win the RT over, don't let them spaz you out. You have data to back up the steps you are taking and you are experiencing effective results.

best wishes for continued success

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 215 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 152 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 298 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 605 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Ongoing issues with central apneas - seeking help with data analysis Tropicalhammock777 2 422 09-13-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Tropicalhammock777
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 513 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 777 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.