Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Berserk! My pillow thinks my headgear is an alien
RE: Berserk! My pillow thinks my headgear is an alien
Last night worked better as far as getting my headgear snagged by the pillow (though not for just about any other reason).

I tried a smoother pillow case. I might even get a slick satin one from the Cheap Store to see if that helps even more.  Shudder....satin bedding....what I have to settle for in the quest for beauty rest!  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a satin pillowcase, but only because it's the only one I have big enough for my new pillow. Normally they're a PITA because they slide around a bit too much. They make no difference to my leaks, though.

I really like the Swift's pillow setup, but not the sticky headgear. I like the P10 all around, but leaks are seemingly increasing.

I've just ordered the Brevida headgear (nobody in Amazon will ship a full mask setup to Australia at the moment or I'd have ordered one) to try a hack for the Swift's pillows. I like that it's adjustable, so it's worth a go for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Satin seems just so déclassé... what I get reduced to for a good night's sleep! LMAO the difference between upbringing and reality. Oh-jeez 

Sigh...Would that I could afford silk. Wouldn't that be the most paradoxical mash-up paired with one of Kiwii's recommended buckwheat pillows? High-falutin' and hippy...  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I have baby fine hair, and I also had trouble with my Swift FX for Her headgear sliding around at night.  What I tried was a cloth surgical cap/scrub cap.  It gave my head enough traction to hold the headgear in place.

As for slinky pillowcases...Walmart actually has some sheets that are very slinky and reasonably priced.  I think it was around $15 for a set of King size sheets.

A staple gun will also work... Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Masks are so funny. Who knew?   Dancing

Since I've reached the end of my tether with flappy lips, cyclone leaks, imploding nostrils, and exploding mask pillows—not to mention P10-grabbing bed pillows—I have ordered 3 masks from Supplier #1 with return insurance, at great impact to my cash flow. No groceries for 30 days.

I ordered a Simplus, F20 Airtouch, and Swift FX Nano. Much as I like the minimalism, I'm giving up on mask pillows for the nonce to minimize objections from nares, nostrils, and lesser alar cartilages hell bent on making trouble. Blowing-nose

I'm aiming for "fix it and forget it".

I have not been able to get my DME even to answer the phone.  Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Luck trying out your new masks. I hope you find one that works for you.

I think once you settle on a mask, everything else should fall into place.   Cool
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,860 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,658 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.