Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Machine for Mixed Apnea
RE: Best Machine for Mixed Apnea
(11-20-2012, 03:56 PM)cannotsleep Wrote: I'm from Ontario, Canada and did do a sleep study in a sleep lab - that's how I found out that I have both OSA and CSA (honestly didn't even know CSA existed until the sleep doctor told me that my case is complicated because most people he's seen have either OSA or CSA but I have both. So @ Ugly, you're not alone my friend.

According to wikipedia ...

"There are three forms of sleep apnea: central (CSA), obstructive (OSA), and complex or mixed sleep apnea (i.e. a combination of central and obstructive) constituting 0.4%, 84% and 15% of cases respectively."

I have no idea who is correct and who isn't, but what you're reporting from your doctor seems contrary to what I've been led to believe. Pure CSA is far more rare than mixed sleep apnea.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best Machine for Mixed Apnea
(11-20-2012, 04:10 PM)britincanada Wrote: If your in Ontario 75% cost is covered i believe 100 if on social assistance

just get a sleep study done and a prescription from the doc

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/pr.../cpap.aspx

the price of the machine are around 3500 to 5000

not cheap

check your work health plan if you have one too might cover the 25%

Indeed I am on social assistance... disability - and when I got my first machine I had to fork out $200 for it though family helped me out then. Now it's true the government paid for 100% of it, but I was still at the mercy of the low end models, hence the S9 Escape. I was told that if my doctor recommends something better, that's the only way I'm gonna get it. I don't have a paying job.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hi there, another mixed apnea here cexer 8 435 03-11-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 236 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  For chronic mouth leakers using tape and getting mixed results, or even poor results. Expat31 1 390 12-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,273 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Central Mixed Apnea - Diagnosis/Treatment with 36% Ejection Fraction Mavan 10 1,038 06-02-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,002 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.