Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Machine
RE: Best Machine
(03-08-2014, 09:16 AM)mjbearit Wrote: Mongo, I hear what you are saying in that if you are going to have to pay for a new machine yourself, you only want to do it once and cover future possibilities. I don't know anything about VPAPs except what I read, but from what I read, it seems that the Adapt would be the best choice as that would cover OSA as well as CSA. It would also do everything that the Auto does so you are covered there as well. Just my thoughts on the subject for what its worth.
Mike

I was reading about the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt and it will treat OSA and CSA/CSR. I don't know or I didn't see where there is an Auto with this machine. The problem that you may run into is that you are going to have to get a script for this machine and even if you are paying out of pocket for this machine, I don't know if a doc will write a script for this machine if you have not been diagnosed with CSR or CSA. I would want to get the best machine I could too if I had to pay out of pocket, even if I only had to pay copays. Resmed has some good links with info on this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 10:59 AM)me50 Wrote:
(03-08-2014, 09:16 AM)mjbearit Wrote: Mongo, I hear what you are saying in that if you are going to have to pay for a new machine yourself, you only want to do it once and cover future possibilities. I don't know anything about VPAPs except what I read, but from what I read, it seems that the Adapt would be the best choice as that would cover OSA as well as CSA. It would also do everything that the Auto does so you are covered there as well. Just my thoughts on the subject for what its worth.
Mike

I was reading about the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt and it will treat OSA and CSA/CSR. I don't know or I didn't see where there is an Auto with this machine. The problem that you may run into is that you are going to have to get a script for this machine and even if you are paying out of pocket for this machine, I don't know if a doc will write a script for this machine if you have not been diagnosed with CSR or CSA. I would want to get the best machine I could too if I had to pay out of pocket, even if I only had to pay copays. Resmed has some good links with info on this machine.

I have a supplier lined up who will take my present Rx as long as the machine can be set to S mode and my bilevel pressures set into it. If it has other modes such as auto, that's my choice after I receive the machine. For now, that appears to be the S9 VPAP Auto. I'm really looking forward to getting a fully data capable machine. The S8 and the special card and reader are a pain to use; and it only holds 2 days of detailed data -- plus my S8 does not detect CSA. In addition, I would prefer to use Sleepyhead, but that's not an option with this silly card and reader.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 12:45 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(03-08-2014, 10:59 AM)me50 Wrote:
Mike

I have a supplier lined up who will take my present Rx as long as the machine can be set to S mode and my bilevel pressures set into it. If it has other modes such as auto, that's my choice after I receive the machine. For now, that appears to be the S9 VPAP Auto. I'm really looking forward to getting a fully data capable machine. The S8 and the special card and reader are a pain to use; and it only holds 2 days of detailed data -- plus my S8 does not detect CSA. In addition, I would prefer to use Sleepyhead, but that's not an option with this silly card and reader.

I have the s9 vpap auto and it works well as far as the machine goes. if you REALLY want a machine that will do it all, then you probably could get a script from your doc if you think he/she will do it. But, it is hard to say b/c prescribing a machine that is primarily for CSA to a patient that doesn't have CSA might get them in trouble. You can't go wrong with the s9 vpap auto though in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2014, 02:24 PM)justMongo Wrote: I want to ask this in our private area to keep it from becoming a commercial thread (I hope)

I want an S9 machine. I presently use a VPAP S (S8) machine.
I'll have to go out of pocket to buy a machine -- likely an open box special from #2.

Which S9 machine can emulate a VPAP S -- yet be the most flexible machine for use in other modes? My first impression is the S9 VPAP Auto. It can be set to S mode with IPAP and EPAP pressures the same as my S8. Then I can use it as an Auto if I desire.
Am I picking the best machine for flexibility and data readout?
The script that you have for the S8 VPAP S should allow you to buy either the S9 VPAP S or the S9 VPAP Auto.

But it will NOT allow you to buy an S9 VPAP Adapt, which is an ASV machine. That means that the Adapt Adapt has a different billing code and requires a different prescription.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,147 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.