Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Mode for H5i
After finding out how to get into the settings menu, I had set it up so that I could select both the comfort level (1 - 6) and the temperature. The first night I tried with these settings, using comfort level 3 and Temp 30deg C, I had a great nights sleep and no dry mouth. But when I set the comfort setting back to auto and still using 30deg C, I am experiencing constant dry mouth.

Is the auto function known to be poor at controlling humidity and manual should be used?

Any thoughts or experiences greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2014, 02:18 AM)Lloyd61 Wrote: Is the auto function known to be poor at controlling humidity and manual should be used?

I use the heated hose on auto, now temp set at 23C
Turn down on warmer nights and up on colder nights

No two people alike, everyone is different
Post Reply Post Reply
If you breathe through your mouth as I do, then you will have dry mouth even if water is condensing in the tube.
(I noted that you had a FFM.)
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

It doesn't matter whats best for the H5i.
What matters is what's best for Lloyd61.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2014, 02:18 AM)Lloyd61 Wrote: After finding out how to get into the settings menu, I had set it up so that I could select both the comfort level (1 - 6) and the temperature. The first night I tried with these settings, using comfort level 3 and Temp 30deg C, I had a great nights sleep and no dry mouth. But when I set the comfort setting back to auto and still using 30deg C, I am experiencing constant dry mouth.

Is the auto function known to be poor at controlling humidity and manual should be used?

In auto mode you are not getting constant humidity. The machine adjust to the room humidity level. So it runs for a wile, shuts off and then runs again.
I had the same experience you are having. Now I just keep it in manual mode with the temperature and humidity set to my comfort level. Sounds like that might work for you. BTW, I have not had any rain out either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the responses. Having used it a few more days I am still constantly experiencing dry mouth in auto no matter what the temperature I use. So as suggested I will put it in manual and play with that to see if I can find a suitable combination.

All good fun, yes, no rain is good. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) mraroid 24 375 07-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Ohmy PR REMSTAR Auto - how to mask test in Cpap mode? alo10 3 222 05-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: alo10
  Dreamstation auto-trial mode jacl 39 2,009 05-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Wolfram
Question A10 autoset in CPAP mode- all data recorded? PreciousRoy 3 456 10-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Dreamstation - CFlex or aflex in auto mode stephennic 9 1,701 08-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: NorthernGuy
  Is Resmed S9 Autoset mode suitable for central sleep apnea? napnaptime 46 7,311 07-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  S10 data in Airplane mode jimw159 3 470 07-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred