Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Mode for H5i
Best Mode for H5i
After finding out how to get into the settings menu, I had set it up so that I could select both the comfort level (1 - 6) and the temperature. The first night I tried with these settings, using comfort level 3 and Temp 30deg C, I had a great nights sleep and no dry mouth. But when I set the comfort setting back to auto and still using 30deg C, I am experiencing constant dry mouth.

Is the auto function known to be poor at controlling humidity and manual should be used?

Any thoughts or experiences greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best Mode for H5i
(10-17-2014, 02:18 AM)Lloyd61 Wrote: Is the auto function known to be poor at controlling humidity and manual should be used?

I use the heated hose on auto, now temp set at 23C
Turn down on warmer nights and up on colder nights

No two people alike, everyone is different
Post Reply Post Reply
If you breathe through your mouth as I do, then you will have dry mouth even if water is condensing in the tube.
(I noted that you had a FFM.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't matter whats best for the H5i.
What matters is what's best for Lloyd61.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2014, 02:18 AM)Lloyd61 Wrote: After finding out how to get into the settings menu, I had set it up so that I could select both the comfort level (1 - 6) and the temperature. The first night I tried with these settings, using comfort level 3 and Temp 30deg C, I had a great nights sleep and no dry mouth. But when I set the comfort setting back to auto and still using 30deg C, I am experiencing constant dry mouth.

Is the auto function known to be poor at controlling humidity and manual should be used?

In auto mode you are not getting constant humidity. The machine adjust to the room humidity level. So it runs for a wile, shuts off and then runs again.
I had the same experience you are having. Now I just keep it in manual mode with the temperature and humidity set to my comfort level. Sounds like that might work for you. BTW, I have not had any rain out either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the responses. Having used it a few more days I am still constantly experiencing dry mouth in auto no matter what the temperature I use. So as suggested I will put it in manual and play with that to see if I can find a suitable combination.

All good fun, yes, no rain is good. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 246 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 678 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 477 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Potential for iVaps mode to help with UARS mintjberry 9 1,229 09-02-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: StuartC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.