Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Nasal Pillow Mask?
I've decided to try the P10; my second choice would be the Brevida, but it looks like it might push against my face on either side of my nose. I had some trouble with the Amara FFM causing huge bags under my eyes, and I think that was from the mask pressing on my face and impeding fluid drainage.

Got the P10 on sale with free shipping and return insurance.

Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(12-31-2017, 09:04 PM)skylark Wrote: I've decided to try the P10; my second choice would be the Brevida, but it looks like it might push against my face on either side of my nose.  I had some trouble with the Amara FFM causing huge bags under my eyes, and I think that was from the mask pressing on my face and impeding fluid drainage.

Got the P10 on sale with free shipping and return insurance.

Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck I switched from the Swift FX to the P10 a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier!  So much quieter. I was using a medium pillow on the FX but found a large was the ticket for me on the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I Think you've made a wise choice.  SHa_clap2
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha! Well, there goes my one wise choice for 2018!

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Good choice!

The Brevida presses hard against my upper lip, just below my nose, causing soreness to my gums and front teeth. I suspect that it will cause dental problems in the long term. The pillow part is really nice though, and perfectly comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(12-30-2017, 11:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 06:24 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Tried the P10 and didn't like it, but I only tried it at the Sleep Clinic, the other option I had was the FX, which I liked better.
Horses for courses!
Only way to find out is try one.

(12-30-2017, 11:02 PM)FozzyDaBear Wrote: Dreamwear for me. Tried the P10 but it irritated my nostrils.

Clearly more "fake news"   Smile

(With voice of James Earl Jones) This is ANN.
lots-o-coffee
APNEA NEWS NETWORK.
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2017, 03:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Quieter, lighter, less air blowing on you.  Resistance is futile.  

(12-31-2017, 01:52 AM)AshSF Wrote: P10. Because:
Resistance is futile!!

Sounds like a Borg convention  Big Grin .

Happy New Year 2018 everyone!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had reasonable success with a nasal mask for 5 years. Lately I seem to get nasal constriction or congestion and the mask pressure seems to close my nasal passages up. I am thinking of trying a pillow mask, but I sleep on my side and do not know if there is a suitable mask that will not hurt me when lying on it. Will a pillow mask tend to force air in and open up the nasal passages? This is what I would hope.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brewserr,

Your post will get more visibility if you start your own thread.

I'm also a side-sleeper and have experienced no pain from nasal pillows. I'm currently using the AirFit P10 and like it quite well.

edit: I wouldn't say that the nasal pillow 'forces' air in, but many people do say that they experience clearing of their nasal passages even with a cold. I don't have that issue, so cannot say.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hello, Brewserr,

I use the AirFit P10 as well. I have never experienced pain from the nasal pillows due to sleeping on my side.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Mouth breather and nasal mask atsoum 15 855 07-19-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  P10 Pillow Life Increase Crimson Nape 30 740 07-15-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Pico nasal mask replacement Hypoxic 4 163 07-12-2018, 04:15 AM
Last Post: Hypoxic
  Pillow mask and teeth issues Chieffy123 6 252 07-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Nasal Mask Advice EllenLee 10 455 07-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Dreamwear nasal mask is noisy SueDonym 2 252 06-14-2018, 01:51 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
Question Nasal Pillows vs. Full Face Mask RedBarron 24 1,479 06-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rlowe44