Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Nasal Pillow Mask?
RE: Best Nasal Pillow Mask?
I've decided to try the P10; my second choice would be the Brevida, but it looks like it might push against my face on either side of my nose. I had some trouble with the Amara FFM causing huge bags under my eyes, and I think that was from the mask pressing on my face and impeding fluid drainage.

Got the P10 on sale with free shipping and return insurance.

Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2017, 09:04 PM)skylark Wrote: I've decided to try the P10; my second choice would be the Brevida, but it looks like it might push against my face on either side of my nose.  I had some trouble with the Amara FFM causing huge bags under my eyes, and I think that was from the mask pressing on my face and impeding fluid drainage.

Got the P10 on sale with free shipping and return insurance.

Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck I switched from the Swift FX to the P10 a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier!  So much quieter. I was using a medium pillow on the FX but found a large was the ticket for me on the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I Think you've made a wise choice.  SHa_clap2
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ha! Well, there goes my one wise choice for 2018!

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Good choice!

The Brevida presses hard against my upper lip, just below my nose, causing soreness to my gums and front teeth. I suspect that it will cause dental problems in the long term. The pillow part is really nice though, and perfectly comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2017, 11:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 06:24 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Tried the P10 and didn't like it, but I only tried it at the Sleep Clinic, the other option I had was the FX, which I liked better.
Horses for courses!
Only way to find out is try one.

(12-30-2017, 11:02 PM)FozzyDaBear Wrote: Dreamwear for me. Tried the P10 but it irritated my nostrils.

Clearly more "fake news"   Smile

(With voice of James Earl Jones) This is ANN.
lots-o-coffee
APNEA NEWS NETWORK.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2017, 03:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Quieter, lighter, less air blowing on you.  Resistance is futile.  

(12-31-2017, 01:52 AM)AshSF Wrote: P10. Because:
Resistance is futile!!

Sounds like a Borg convention  Big Grin .

Happy New Year 2018 everyone!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had reasonable success with a nasal mask for 5 years. Lately I seem to get nasal constriction or congestion and the mask pressure seems to close my nasal passages up. I am thinking of trying a pillow mask, but I sleep on my side and do not know if there is a suitable mask that will not hurt me when lying on it. Will a pillow mask tend to force air in and open up the nasal passages? This is what I would hope.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brewserr,

Your post will get more visibility if you start your own thread.

I'm also a side-sleeper and have experienced no pain from nasal pillows. I'm currently using the AirFit P10 and like it quite well.

edit: I wouldn't say that the nasal pillow 'forces' air in, but many people do say that they experience clearing of their nasal passages even with a cold. I don't have that issue, so cannot say.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Brewserr,

I use the AirFit P10 as well. I have never experienced pain from the nasal pillows due to sleeping on my side.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,015 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 273 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 180 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,285 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,401 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,181 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 332 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.