Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR
Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR
My sleep study showed some low saturation levels and I am considering adding an oximeter device. I currently us an Airsense Autoset 10 apap, if that makes a difference

What is the best unit that works well with OSCAR?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR
If you are using Windows then either the Contec CMS50F, or one of the Wellue's, SleepU, O2 Ring, or Checkme O2 Max will work,

If you use Mac, the Wellue is the only one with software for Mac. You could always use a VM with Windows 10 and run both brands, but it may be overkill just to run one program. Your choice.

For both units you use the supplied software to get the data off the oximeter, then import it into OSCAR.

The Contec only stores one night of data at a time, so you need to download it every day. Tha battery lasts about 3-4 days. You use the supplied cable to get the data onto your computer.
The Wellue SleepU stores 4 days of data but the battery only lasts 2 days. The Check Me is supposed to last 6-7 days. These use Bluetooth to transfer the data to your phone or computer.
MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | MacOS BigSur (11.6.1) | OSCAR v1.3.0 | VM = Win10 21H1 (19043.1165) |
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching images and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wrong Date On Device Cammy 0 113 11-10-2021, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  I like Oscar 1.2.0. Can I turn off Oscar New Version Notifications E.W. 1 144 10-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device Avign0n323 11 624 10-25-2021, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 0 175 10-03-2021, 12:46 AM
Last Post: blancobonzo
  Constant low level leaks with EERS device. Anyone else? Kobalt 3 223 09-30-2021, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Kobalt
  Tongue device/prone pillows for CPAP blancobonzo 0 157 09-27-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: blancobonzo
  Does anyone have that Inspire device implant? MyronH 13 3,561 09-23-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BabbetteInTheSouth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.