Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Sp02 to use with OSCAR
Best Sp02 to use with OSCAR
Does anyone have an opinion on which of the Oscar supported sp02's is best?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best Sp02 to use with OSCAR
I own a cms 50f that is working fine, I have only had it 3 months. It imports to OSCAR fine and gives 02 all night as Weill as pulse. eBay about 75 and amizon about 90 when I purchased it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the CMS50F on Amazon for $90. In the description it says it is not compatible with apple products. I use a Mac and use Oscar with it. Silly question, but will I still be able to use the 50F?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know that but Crimson Nape is the person to ask. He answers all mac type questions I have seen. You can wait a little while and he will be by or you can give him the question on a private message if he does not answer here.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The free download of the USB-UART driver that is required for a CMS-50 to work with a Mac/OSCAR is the Silicon Labs' Mac OSX CP210x VCP driver. Supposedly, it is rolled into latest OSX kernel. I don't know that to be fact though.

Anyway...
Here is a link that discusses the installation of this driver:
https://www.silabs.com/community/interfa...idgev-Dnef

Here is the download link:
https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a side note, I found the Wellue is having a 20% off sale for the next 24 hours (ending 10/17/2020). I happened across it after finding a discount coupon for them. I will be posting this in the Commercial Forum as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a CMS50F with Mac for about 10 month's now. It's a slightly older 6.1 version.  OSCAR will directly import the data using the cable. 

But I have been getting system warnings occasionally about the CP210x driver from Silicon Labs being legacy and will not be supported in a future OS update.  I am using the most current CP210x driver from SL, v5.3.5 dated February 25, 2020 listed on their site.

I'm not sure if this effects the newer models of the CMS50F.  I believe they changed the chip and may be using a different driver.  Someone with the newer model would need to confirm which driver is being used.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2020, 02:32 PM)THopper Wrote: Does anyone have an opinion on which of the Oscar supported sp02's is best?

I'm a fan of the Viatom/Wellue O2 ring. It's a good product that's well-supported in OSCAR.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2020, 04:06 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: As a side note, I found the Wellue is having a 20% off sale for the next 24 hours (ending 10/17/2020).  I happened across it after finding a discount coupon for them.  I will be posting this in the Commercial Forum as well.

Thank you for that!

I really like their ring oximeters for comfort and convenience. Maybe I'll be able to improve OSCAR's support for them still further in the next version...
Post Reply Post Reply
I also give a thumbs up for the Wellue O2 Ring.  

I don't use it every night, sometimes only once or twice a week.  It is easy to use and works well with OSCAR.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best way to record SP02 for OSCAR Ghandi 2 429 09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  [CPAP] Initial Sleep onset CA's associated with lower Sp02 ducksinerr 1 526 07-23-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Lower altitidue & improved Sp02 readings MCS2014 4 729 01-17-2022, 10:27 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oximiter Sp02 Check Phil7 5 808 10-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Last Post: MoreBeers
  concern about SP02 levels Snowy2020 24 2,383 10-12-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: kbauhs
  SP02 levels and sleep apnea, pressure etc. revbkelly 10 1,391 07-21-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Definitive list of SP02/Pulse Oximeters for Oscar? tsitalon1 1 927 01-29-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.