Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM shopping again
RE: FFM shopping again
(08-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I hear ya. I have 6 masks sitting in a box that I'll never use again. A lot of money just sitting there.

It's a bit scary that as much as I was worried about the cost of the APAP, just a few weeks in I already have a collection of masks worth more than I paid for the machine :-/

Dreamwear stuff is relatively plentiful at decent prices outside of the official vendors, but some, like the Brevida or its parts, don't really seem to come down in price...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2018, 11:59 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 06:18 AM)gwc2795 Wrote: I used the fitlife for 7 years. It is a good mask and very durable. Once you are used to the feeling of having your face covered it is good. Another advantage is your entire face has the humidity not just the nose and mask area. I slept with the mask off the side of the pillow.
CON: rough to get to that nose itch.  When it gets old (over 12 months) you will get a lot of mask farts. At the time I was at 16/12 cm/h20.

On my side is the only way I can fall asleep so I was concerned about the mask's size. I had to sleep with the simplus hanging off the edge of the pillow, too. Glad to know that I can do the same with the FitLife.

Do you think it can  handle my pressures of 15-20? My median is roughly 17 with 95% being 18-19.

I think it would handle the pressure. I started out at 20/16 and was moved down to 16/12.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I like my F20 AirFit/AirTouch. I have better success with the AirFit Silicone than the foam. I have had to dust off my Medium cushion due to some weight gain recently, but it was able to restore proper fit with slight adjusting from there. I do side sleep and back sleep, the mask is up to the task regardless. And it plays well with my ASV.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am waffling between the one with memory foam and the FitLife. Just not sure my skin would like the foam on it all night. Silicone is bad enough.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2018, 07:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I am waffling between the one with memory foam and the FitLife. Just not sure my skin would like the foam on it all night. Silicone is bad enough.

When I read about the foam it seems that people say it is hot on the skin and does not last long most men use it because they have facial hair. The F20 airfit is what I am currently using and it seals up to 25 cm/h20; which is what the ASV machine goes to frequently for CA's. No leaks or mask barking.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the ResMed AirFit 10 (prefer it to the newer AirFit 20 and all the others I've tried) which is the FFM that works best for me.

But, of course, it may not be the best for you.

You may do this already, but I find that I get fewer leaks if I wash my face before going to bed.

The other thing worth mentioning, if you don't do this already, is that I also get fewer leaks if I wash the mask cushion in hot, mild soapy water for 5 to 10 minutes - and then rinse it thoroughly - every morning. Another advantage of doing that is that it prevents those terrible problems with very sore nose bridges from arising.

Apologies if I'm 'teaching you to suck eggs', as they say...
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL I like that phrase.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Shopping in USA - Shipping to Australia Koalapoo 3 1,291 08-07-2020, 10:24 PM
Last Post: holden4th
  Shopping for my first machine/mask larrygreg 6 2,691 01-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: vsheline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.