Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Way to Clean CPAP Hose?
RE: Best Way to Clean CPAP Hose?
50/50 water white vinegar mix with 1/2 cup reconstipated lemon juice for fresh scent in a quart sized spray bottle and bring hose and nasal pillows into the shower as part of the weekly cleaning ritual on Saturday mornings. Liberally spray all components inside and out, let set for a few minutes and then rinse thoroughly. No soap products for me lest it not get fully rinsed for some reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
Warm soapy water, once a month. I have heated tube, so I try to keep connectors dry.
Rinsed with the tap water then hang to air dry.
If not fully dried by the bed time, just connect the hose to the CPAP and start the therapy without the mask for a minute. That'll blow excess water out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2018, 11:41 AM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: reconstipated lemon juice for fresh scent

Lolabove Dielaughing Now that's TMI.

I'm assuming a case of spellcheck gone haywire. Laugh-a-lot

BTW, you can also take your other washable mask parts into the shower with you and make it a shower party.  Grouphug3
Post Reply Post Reply
Some do wash them, some don't...apparently.  I wash my headgear about once a month (our faces and scalps do produce oils and acids), my cushion a couple of times a week, and my hose once every week to ten days on average.  I rinse it with a solution of potassium metabisulphite, the white powder dissolved in water and used to sterilize beer and wine bottles and vessels for home brewing.  That kills any pathogens inside of about ten seconds.  Rinse, and then slosh a mild liquid soap and warm water in it. Rinse, hang over the shower curtain rod.

Note that some feel leaving it in a space with a toilet defeats the purpose of attempting to clean or to sterilize the hose.  They could have a point, but only if you don't close the lid of the toilet when flushing, which the health experts advise us to do.  And washing your hands properly thereafter.  Even so, millions don't bother, and they leave their toothbrushes in a glass nearby as well.  Virtually no deaths from this, reportedly.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all that have answered my post. Regards, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2018, 01:13 PM)Sheepish Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 11:41 AM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: reconstipated lemon juice for fresh scent

Lolabove Dielaughing Now that's TMI.

I'm assuming a case of spellcheck gone haywire. Laugh-a-lot

...er, uhm,  I mean that Real Lemon stuff in the green bottle with the yellow cap   Oops
Post Reply Post Reply
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine every other week. Dawn dishwashing detergent and some sponge worms cut from a Scotch Bright Heavy Duty Scrub sponge (the yellow part). Sunlight hitting the hose was causing a green sheen from airborne algae. Certainly you can do it with a brush but this was .50 vs. whatever for the brush.

I can't find the original video where this was demonstrated, but this garden hose video shows the idea behind it. My kitchen faucet works perfect for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I clean mine once a week with dawn dish soap and brush.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Burlington, Ontario  (resmed airsence 10 with airfit F20 mask)

where they test out what mask and machine to use, and I think this is for all Ontario Canada

They suggest, Clean mask one a day with Dish soap and warm water, and once a week clean your crap hose,
Humidair Water Tub, and headgear fitting Resmed F20mask
  and once a month change air filter, and wipe down the machine

If your in Canada the stuff cost a lot more than in USA, if no insurance
I have had great success using ebay for masks , hoses and air filters-100 for 25 us
get it shipped to Niagara falls USA 
  Also there is no duty on medical supply's bringing  into Canada

cheers
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 90 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 217 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,724 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 299 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 272 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 504 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 654 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.