Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best full face mask?
Question 
Best full face mask?
I am looking for opinions on the best full face mask. Currently I have a Resmed S9 CPAP machine. The mask I use is a Resmed Quattro Air. I don't mind this mask, but I was wondering if there were better ones. The "L" piece on the mask has a crack in it. I am getting a whole new mask, and I might get a different mask instead. I am looking for input.

What does everyone recommend to get for a full face mask? Or should I stick with the same one I have?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best full face mask?
Hi tking2851,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Masks are such an individual thing, what I may like, you may not like so well. If you are content with the mask you are using, you might stick with it.
Hang in there for other suggestions.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2015, 11:39 PM)tking2851 Wrote: I am looking for opinions on the best full face mask. Currently I have a Resmed S9 CPAP machine. The mask I use is a Resmed Quattro Air. I don't mind this mask, but I was wondering if there were better ones. The "L" piece on the mask has a crack in it. I am getting a whole new mask, and I might get a different mask instead. I am looking for input.

What does everyone recommend to get for a full face mask? Or should I stick with the same one I have?

I can recommend the F&P "Simplus" FF mask. It's well designed & comfortable. Read these mask reviews for more information.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried the Air and F10 and much prefer the F10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the Mirage Quattro and am trying the Simplus. So far I like the Simplus but find it a little pickier about how I fit it. When I am awake the mask seems to leak rather easily by getting knocked around a little but my leak rates at night seem quite good. Last night my 95% leak rate with the Simplus was 0. That is the best it has been in the 3 nights that I have used it so far. Everything looks good but I am still a little suspicious. I feel like I am on a narrow ledge of good operation and may fall off at any time. Time will tell.

I did learn that I can over tighten a mask and actually cause leaks with the Simplus. I do not think that is possible with the Mirage Quattro.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with the Simplus mask Paytona. It didn't work for me and I had to stick with the Mirage Quattro but I sure wish it had worked. I just couldn't get it to stop leaking. I decided that I must have the type of face that requires the mask to have a tilt adjustment like the MQ has. I tried to imitate that tilt adjustment with the Simplus but couldn't get it done.

Good luck with the test. Let us know how it ends up and any details that might make someone else consider trying it. Also thanks be to the supplier on the forum list who gives the free test insurance allowing returns within 30 days on several mask types, Simplus included.

Best regards,

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I think that I may be better off with a smaller size. Going to talk to the supplier to see if I can get smaller pillows.

Last night my leak rate was 0 all night until I woke up in the morning. When I went back to bed for a while I was constantly fiddling with the mask to keep it from leaking up around the top area of the nose seal. Strange!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 on the Simplus. Paytona the Simplus rides a bit lower than other FFM. And the top straps need to loose enough so the roll fit cushion can move and adjust itself at the top, basically doing the same thing as a manual tilt adjustment except it will self adjust thru the night. I can usually stick a finger or almost a whole finger between my forehead an the support bar at the top. It never touches my skin.

Then the bottom straps but they dont need to be very tight either. Itll actually cause leaks with that mask if its over tightened.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a thread on me and my search for a FFM. I settled on the Simplus but need to get the medium. The small isn't wide enough.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-with-FFM
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Depends on what you are looking for. Seems like most people favor light weight and a smaller frame. A major factor for me (actually my spouse) is how much noise does it make? Having tried quite a few, I always come back to the Quattro. I like it for some reasons other many might not- it's heavy. large and stays put on your face. And, it's very quiet.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 245 6 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 166 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 139 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 665 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,057 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 760 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.