Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Restless legs and AHI
Restless legs and AHI
Saw Dr today re follow-up sleep study. 

He had no explanation why my ICON+ would have gone from an indicated AHI in the 7/30 day past history of 22/24 before I (inadvertently ... semi-randomly pressing button to see what was being recorded) cleared the machine history, to an indicated AHI of 10-12 in the 30 days after clearing the history. Pressure setting was unchanged before/after I cleared the machine history.

However, the sleep study showed a lot of restless leg action and little REM sleep. He is bumping my Pramipexole from 4.5 mg to 6 mg nightly and is bumping my ICON+ CPAP pressure from 14 to 17. This particular CPAP does not have an Expiration pressure drop; it is a constant ... from tonight on: 17.

Asked him about a different machine; answer was essentially "You are stuck with this one for five years; hope we can make it work for you."

That answer, combined with his "no explanation" for the machine giving drastically different AHIs before and after I inadvertently cleared its memory doesn't leave a warm/fuzzy feeling.

I see him again in 3 months.    Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restless legs and AHI
What a helpful idiot he is.

You can stick with the Icon or you can purchase one out of pocket. You can also try to return it as defective. Perhaps get one that works with the SleepyHead software. If your doc is also your supplier, good luck with that.

If you want to pay out of pocket, look on Craigslist, Amazon, or Supplier #2.

AHI can change drastically from night to night due to the simple idea that no two nights are the same. If you have not been using the machine for long, it can take a while for everything to settle down. For your body and brain to get used to it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restless legs and AHI
There are new Resmed Airsense 10 Autosets advertised on Craigslist for $595, and many used for 200-300. I think it's worth it to know what's going on, especially when you have difficult issues like this. The frustration of not being able to help you must surely pale in comparison to your frustration of not being helped for lack of data. Like your doctor, we can only guess at a solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restless sleeping and twitching timlearns 3 838 12-15-2021, 09:57 PM
Last Post: nadprok
  Restlessness and Restless Leg Syndrome Brian T 14 3,163 12-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  Need advice for severe flow limitations, restless sleep and nasal surgery 17WRX 7 1,756 03-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: tarah
  Your rec 4 nasal pillow side sleeper (not restless) Liteheart1 0 852 03-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  CA while "awake" or "restless" Wcwilson 35 4,034 09-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  restless legs and cymbalta Mouchet 5 1,235 07-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  OSA Sorted then CAs Sorted but left with restless legs/PLMD ThrownOutTheAsylum 5 1,891 06-12-2019, 01:14 AM
Last Post: praguecr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.