Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best information to print out for your doctor's visit?
RE: Best information to print out for your doctor's visit?
Hi SnuffySleeper,
I hope your Dr. Apointment goes well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I was also asked to bring my 'machine' in for my follow up. Not knowing why, I packed it all up including the humidifier. I thought it was interesting when all they did is remove the card and look at data less than 5 minutes. Wondered why they didn't just ask me to bring the card. On the other hand, I suppose it eliminates the risk of losing the small card or accidental damage to it outside the machine while carrying it around.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine is far more important than the data card.

The card costs less than $10 to replace (even if you buy retail) but the machine is expensive.

You can obtain treatment without the card but not without the machine.

The card is easy to carry; the machine is much more of a nuisance to carry around -- for no reason.

Someone already suggested that they probably feel that some/most people are too technologically challenged to find and pull the card.

Next time, put the card in an envelope or plastic baggy to make it harder to lose.

Hand them the card and smile.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not worried about the card's cost. The data on it has more value however. It is a nuisance to pack the machine up and carry it ... I agree! And now that I know it is not really the machine they want, I probably would take just the card. That being said, I take the machine traveling more than taking it to the doctor for a followup visit. So I am not worried about that either. And I agree it is probably also likely there are some that do not know where the card is or how to remove it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have so many SD cards that I have card protectors laying around everywhere so I'll just grab one of them and stick the card from the machine in it when I head to the doc.

If you don't have an SD card protector lying around it may be worth your time to try and get one. It's not mandatory, but it just makes it easy to transport one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,720 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 525 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,795 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 330 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.