Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best mask for higher pressure
Best mask for higher pressure
I have been on cpap for over 15 years now. Recently I had a sleep study and I am now on a Resmed bilevel Aircurve 10 with 22 as the high end for my pressure. the low end is 16.4 with pressure support of 3. I have the machine set for Auto so it will adjust the pressure as the night goes on. I have been using the Mirage Quatro mask for many years and have loved it.. It has been a perfect mask for me until recently. I am noticing it leaks more and it wakes me up when it leaks as I don't reach deep levels of sleep very often. I do have a new mask so it isn't that my mask is leaking because it needs to be replaced. My sleep is extremely fragmented. I tried the Mirage Quatro Air for a few nights but it was worse. I also tried another mask and I don't know the name. I think it was a Phillips full face mask and it had a small bit of silicone that went under the nose which bothered me.
What masks are better at dealing with higher pressures without leaking whether they are full face or nasal masks or the nasal pillow type. I do prefer the full face as I am a mouth breather at times and chin straps don't always help.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best mask for higher pressure
Simplus or Fitlife. Id go with SIMPLUS first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto - I recommend the Simplus too and you might also want to try a mask liner with it.

I use auto-ASV, currently pressures up to 23.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the advice everyone.. I will be looking into the simplus this week for sure
Post Reply Post Reply
Simplus along with the Amara View are the two masks I have had the best luck with.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepyOttawaSteve,
Another vote on the F&P Simplus, I just recently switch to it and like it very much.
Good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Frankly, I think the best mask for high pressures is the Mirage Quattro. I go up to almost 21 cm/H2O. I have had occasions where the mask seemed to leak no matter what I did. Normally, if I work with it for a while, I get back to no leakage. For me, the Simplus is almost as good but is picky about leaking into my eyes. It does give me great numbers.

I might be able to offer some advice if I knew where the leakage is occurring.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention I wear the Simplus with my chin completely inside the mask i.e. when I put it on I start by tucking the bottom edge of the mask *under* my chin. I use the same size mask to do this that I am measured for normally but you may have to experiment with a larger size than you usually use to try this.

This seems to have stopped the 'corner of the mouth' leaks I could get with the Simplus at higher pressures. I find it very comfortable positioned like this. It seems to anchor the mask better so it doesn't slip when I move around in bed.

My leaks are often zero all night at auto pressures frequently in the 20s.

But I guess it might not work under the chin if you have a beard?
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have the best luck with the Simplus but only when I use liners. Without liners it was basically exploding off my face at high pressure just like my Airfit F10 did. I had 7 3/4 hours sleep last night for the 1st time since starting therapy and I've been using liners for a week. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,429 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 363 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 352 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.