Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Best nasal pillows for sleepers that move around?
RE: Best nasal pillows for sleepers that move around?
(12-17-2013, 08:35 AM)me50 Wrote: I don't know about a swivel on the end that attaches to the climate line tubing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0cAYXY1s8s This video shows the wisp and unless I don't understand what you are saying, I don't know of a swivel at the end that attaches to your tubing.

Sorry me50, I can't find the video, but I rechecked my notes and I actually have the 2-Swiveled Hose as part of the Nuance mask, but right now I'd rather try a Nasal Mask like the WISP before going to a Nasal Pillow.

I'll stop trying to find the video if you can confirm that the WISP only has a swivel where it attached to the mask [cushion] and that even if the hose has swivels at both ends, there's no added benefit for having a swivel at the end that funnels through the hole in the headgear on top of your head.

I'm really excited about the WISP and have you to thank for first directing me toward it.Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2013, 12:45 PM)drmick3 Wrote:
(12-17-2013, 08:35 AM)me50 Wrote: I don't know about a swivel on the end that attaches to the climate line tubing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0cAYXY1s8s This video shows the wisp and unless I don't understand what you are saying, I don't know of a swivel at the end that attaches to your tubing.

Sorry me50, I can't find the video, but I rechecked my notes and I actually have the 2-Swiveled Hose as part of the Nuance mask, but right now I'd rather try a Nasal Mask like the WISP before going to a Nasal Pillow.

I'll stop trying to find the video if you can confirm that the WISP only has a swivel where it attached to the mask [cushion] and that even if the hose has swivels at both ends, there's no added benefit for having a swivel at the end that funnels through the hole in the headgear on top of your head.

I'm really excited about the WISP and have you to thank for first directing me toward it.Well-done

did you click on the link I posted? I just tried it and it worked. As far as I can tell, there is only one swivel on the wisp and it attaches to the mask itself and the other end goes through the hole and attaches to your tubing. I wore out the large cushion working on getting the right adjustments on the head gear for my sleep study so I am now using the medium cushion until my new mask arrives. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

I am a new member. I Just got a Resmed S9 Autoset with H5I heated humidifier and climate line tubing. Tonight will be my first night on this machine. I have been on cpap for about 7 years now. I have used the Mirage Swift 1 & 2, Swift FX, Bravo, Opus 360, Nasalaire II, and the Aloha. The Aloha is the best mask I have used so far. Not bad are the Swift Fx, the Opus 360, and Nasalaire II

Post Reply Post Reply
Tap pap has been the best for me. I am an active sleeper and have had no problems at all.I am fairly new to all of this,and have bought 6 different masks and the tap pap is the only one that I can get a full nights sleep with. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm finding that the Nuance is really staying in place. I sleep on my side predominantly but also move around a lot. It's not coming loose at all. I'm having more problems with the mask hose than the mask itself. I swear, that hose is alive.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had a lot of problems with the wisp mask. The bridge of my nose became swollen and VERY painful with the WISP L size and the Medium was way too small. I tried the band aids, neo sporin, the bomerrang (silicon thingie) and every different tightening on the mask you can do. I had to convert over to the Resmed Swift FX pillows because the bridge of my nose was getting really bad and I just got back from my doctor and he switched me immediately.

Anyways just letting you know the Wisp is not for everyone. I really like the Swift FX pillow. They do leak MUCH easier than the wisp, that is for sure. For me though that is an easy price to pay to not have the bridge of my nose mangled up.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Whisp for 6 months now I did need to purchase a nasal pillow cover to protect the bridge of my nose and since using Pap-a-Cheek nasal cover I have no longer had a problem . I'm sleeping better than ever since starting CPAP 6 years ago. I also found I do not like routing my hose over the top of my head I just let it fall downward loose
Post Reply Post Reply
Airfit P10 - use the biggest pillows you can and wedge them into your nose - great fit and very stable. Nuance is also good but not so good at wedging open my nares.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 01:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I'm finding that the Nuance is really staying in place. I sleep on my side predominantly but also move around a lot. It's not coming loose at all. I'm having more problems with the mask hose than the mask itself. I swear, that hose is alive.

Reduced Size [RS] Nuance Frame Replacement Part . . .

Got my Nuance Pro on Saturday, and have been trying it. The pillows are very comfortable. The frame, for me, not so much. Tonight I'll cover the gel face pads with covers from Swift Fx that I never used.

Biggest problem is that the headgear is, as usual, apparently designed for bigger heads than mine. I considered taking it to a tailor and getting the back of the head piece cut down and re-sewn to be smaller.

I had even larger leaks than with anything else -- one hour last night between 3 and 4 with about 40 minutes of large leak. Even with my wide elastic chin strap on top of the mask to hold it down, I still had too much leaking.

After digging around online, discovered that Phillips actually makes, for the fabric version of Nuance, an "RS" frame. RS for Reduced Size. It's just the front part of the whole assembly, so no change in the part that goes over the top and around the back of the head, the stretchy part. But the RS frame should make that part fit tighter by pulling it further forward.

One of the selling sites says it won't fit on the headgear from the Nuance Pro with the gel pads - so I have to get a whole new fabric version of the mask, and then change out the front part.

If anyone is interested, I can give you the Phillips Part Number and one site even has a picture of the part, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the part number here.

I rang my DME and of course they don't have that part number listed in their database and tried to send me just the fabric version of the whole mask, which is a different part number, saying that it is a smaller size. I checked the part number the DME gave me with the Phillips data online, and it's not -- it's just the standard Nuance kit, not an RS version. Phillips doesn't list an RS version of the full mask kit.

I told them to hold up on shipping that until they can get me the RS [reduced size] frame replacement part to go with it, otherwise, I'm really just duplicating the problem I have with the Pro version that's too big around my head to get a comfortable seal on the pillows that will stay in place.

I will win this war on leaks!
But I also agree, at my usual pressure of 12-13, the hose is busy all night long.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can list part numbers. You can even put a link to Respironics' website page that has the part since they are the manufacturer and don't sell it themselves.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid104423

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,223 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed Swift LT Nasal Pillows system [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 2 8,454 05-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Sallybags
  [Product Review] CPAP Pro Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 9,577 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Last Post: stew0001
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,659 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.