Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best night so far AHI 0.00
RE: Best night so far AHI 0.00
I didn't know that PR machines gave a Smiley Face! In the last 6 months I have had 9 AHI 0.00 scores and no smile!
Post Reply Post Reply
The smile is in SleepyHead in place of the AHI value.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2017, 03:21 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I didn't know that PR machines gave a Smiley Face!  In the last 6 months I have had 9 AHI 0.00 scores and no smile!

SideSleeper,
I have the same machine.  If you have Rera's and/or Flow Limitations, you will not get a happy face with a PR machine, even with an AHI of 0.00.

Kind of stinks...you would think they could throw that Happy Face in.  

I'm pretty sure if you go back and look at those 9 AHI of 0.00, see if there are Rera's recorded.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2017, 06:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 03:21 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I didn't know that PR machines gave a Smiley Face!  In the last 6 months I have had 9 AHI 0.00 scores and no smile!

SideSleeper,
I have the same machine.  If you have Rera's and/or Flow Limitations, you will not get a happy face with a PR machine, even with an AHI of 0.00.

I'm pretty sure if you go back and look at those 9 AHI of 0.00, see if there are Rera's recorded.

What she said. However, here's the trick to get to see a smilie face even if you have a PR machine:

In SleepyHead, in the File menu, choose Preferences, then under the Events tab, uncheck the box in the first column (CPAP Events) for RERA and the box for Flow Limitations, then click OK. Then go back to the dates you had 0.00 AHIs and you should see Mr. Smiley in his full glory.

[Image: emoticon20n-1-web.jpg]

Once you've gotten your dose of happy smiley time, don't forget to go back and recheck those boxes if you wish to continue seeing those events indicated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow great work... I never thought we can get 0.0 ... Mine always stays between 1-5.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2017, 11:52 PM)Sheepish Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 06:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote:

SideSleeper,

What she said. However, here's the trick to get to see a smilie face even if you have a PR machine:

In SleepyHead, in the File menu, choose Preferences, then under the Events tab, uncheck the box in the first column (CPAP Events) for RERA and the box for Flow Limitations, then click OK. Then go back to the dates you had 0.00 AHIs and you should see Mr. Smiley in his full glory.

[Image: emoticon20n-1-web.jpg]

Once you've gotten your dose of happy smiley time, don't forget to go back and recheck those boxes if you wish to continue seeing those events indicated.

Yes Sheepish, all you have to do is turn off the settings to see the simply face.   Smile
I guess seeing that smiley face now and then gives us incentive and a good feeling, but I try not to
get too hung up on it though.  It’s important to realize that high Rera’s and flow limitations affect sleep quality.

You can have an AHI of 0.00 and still not feel rested.  If you turn off those settings, you won’t know why.

But hey, turn off the settings, take a screenshot of your happy face, then put your settings back.  Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,110 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,235 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.