Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR Respironics SPO2 monitor?
PR Respironics SPO2 monitor?
Anyone know what supplier has them? I looked at a good chunk of the ones in the supplier list and don't see it.

Just curious as to what they cost vs a CMS-60D.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR Respironics SPO2 monitor?
Supplier #17 has it for $415. Ouch. It also requires a prescription. Medicare (and many insurance) only cover these if prescription written by pulmonologist or cardiologist because you have to meet certain criteria.

CMS50 series of Oximeters is compatible with Sleepyhead. Roughly $50-150 depending on what you want. No prescription required. Lots of people are happy with these. I was going to get one, but my doc didn't recommend it as it won't actually change my treatment unless other symptoms occur. I have to maintain a certain minimum pressure because of low oxygen already.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ouch indeed.

Not really sure why it requires a prescription for out of pocket purchase as it's a non-invasive diagnostic tool.

If it was <$200 I was thinking I might go with it over the CMS50F. I'm not really interested in the display functionality as I want to sync it with my sleepyhead data. It seems like a lot of the bulk of the 50F is in the display. I like the idea of a smaller, classic SPO2 finger probe vs the finger clip style of the CMS50E though.
Post Reply Post Reply
They seem more geared toward the hospital market. I wonder if these are intended as rental units rather than purchaseable units?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2015, 04:57 PM)lmoretti Wrote: Ouch indeed.

Not really sure why it requires a prescription for out of pocket purchase as it's a non-invasive diagnostic tool.

If it was <$200 I was thinking I might go with it over the CMS50F. I'm not really interested in the display functionality as I want to sync it with my sleepyhead data. It seems like a lot of the bulk of the 50F is in the display. I like the idea of a smaller, classic SPO2 finger probe vs the finger clip style of the CMS50E though.

Hi,

I tried the finger one and the wrist one.
Although the wrist one has a bigger display, the part that attaches to your finger is lighter and more comfortable.
The self contained finger unit is heavier and moves more on the finger. You probably need adhesive tape to keep it there.
The wrist based unit has a sensor that is very light and made of rubberised plastic that opens up and keeps gentle pressure on your finger.
The other good thing about the wrist unit is that it has a real time clock, thus synchronising with sleepy head software.
Sleepy head software can not download data directly from the unit. Have to use the SpO2 assistant to save data, then use SH to import it.
I have the Contec CMS50FW ( Bluetooth ). The Bluetooth is not really needed , unless you want to monitor remotely or record / view data directly to a PC in real time.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 397 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 829 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 681 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 230 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,060 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.