Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best oxi meter machine
Best oxi meter machine
Who can suggest the best oximeter machine.

I need one where the software is easy to use.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best oxi meter machine
If you look at the review section, you'll see a few of us have several different kinds but they all use the same software. There's the CMS 50D Plus, the CMS 50H and CMS 50E, and CMS 50F. Each are slightly different in design.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum

I started a Wiki article a while back. It's mostly complete and has enough info to get you started. It just needs some organization.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

I really need to finish it up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will check it out.
Harry
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember the reason that you are getting that pulse oximeter and buy accordingly. Generally, what I wanted was something that would record my SpO2 overnight, every night, battery powered (rechargeable), small fingertip, sufficient memory, pulse perfusion indicator and graph AND sound (my OSA begot Atrial Fibrillation). With that information gathered and matched to my APAP data I discovered that when in REM sleep I was breathing shallow and my SpO2 was dropping into the 70%ish range at times. NOT GOOD. (I had been waking occasionally in a damp cold sweat). God bless pulse oximeters - I sometimes wonder if I would actually be here today if not for my pulse oximeter purchase. The end result was more rounds and rounds of doctors all doing tests and poking at me to little avail. I took the bull by the horn and went out and bought an oxygen concentrator online (two actually). An Everflo Q 5 L/M job... outstanding. Get the one with the OPI meter if you buy. For $50 more you get what I wound up paying $500 extra for.... namely, an oxygen quality and volume meter. I titrated not only my own APAP pressures to AHI=0..... but then, after discovering my desats (causing skyrocketing BP at night and rapid pulse ... probably due to aFib) I got ticked at the doctors and went ahead and added some mild oxygen infusion to my airline, bringing my air being breathed from 21% O2 to 35% O2. That did the trick and brought me up to 95% SpO2 all night long and resolved that issue. When I told my doctors, one got totally ticked off but the others were truly impressed and one said he was changing his modus operandi to recommend data gathering APAP machines AND pulse oximeters to ALL his patients (the sleep doc). One sleep study may not reveal the desats. Mine did not. Lesson learned? Check your SpO2 during the night when you are asleep. NOT during the day (although, it is not a bad idea to do so once in a while, just in case...aFib will desat you in a blink). Anything under 89% is considered respiratory distress and your pulsee oximeter is likely to come with an alarm set to 85%! (Go figure). The latest I have purchased is the Contec CMS50EW... it is supposedly bluetooth and am about to try it out that way. There is a fingertip rubber probe available for it for about $60 that will keep it on your finger overnight and will keep outside light sources more consistent if using it during the daytime while exercising. Shop around; I paid $119 for mine and there is one vendor on the list that is at that price along with a hard belt case or purse case and shipping. I am off to try to get this thing to work using Bluetooth and my laptop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that ResMed makes a S9 Oximeter Adapter for NONIN Xpod™ Oximeter that will read to the SD card on the S9. It looks to cost over $200 just for the NONIN Xpod. Is there any other ways to record data to be read with nightly use of the S9?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2012, 12:08 PM)DoneDunIt Wrote: I noticed that ResMed makes a S9 Oximeter Adapter for NONIN Xpod™ Oximeter that will read to the SD card on the S9. It looks to cost over $200 just for the NONIN Xpod. Is there any other ways to record data to be read with nightly use of the S9?
SleepyHead supports CMS50 Oximeters which comes with a card to record O2 data. With the S9 oximeter adapter the data can recorded on the S9 SD card but its quite expensive setup

Supplier #19 (for pulse oximeters)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the Review section of the forum. Several of us regularly use the CMS 50D Plus or the CMS 50E. I have the 50D Plus. I wear it at night then use the included USB cable to connect it to my computer and download the data.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum

the SpO2 software that comes with most of the CMS models
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

how to import data from the SpO2 into SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,162 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] Contec CMS50S SpO2 meter jens 8 651 03-30-2023, 08:33 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Oxygen level meter Big Guy 9 952 07-30-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Noob: Waking up constantly thanks to my oxygen meter (~90% oxygen) sharksito 3 930 07-05-2020, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Contec SpO2 meter went crazy MyronH 6 1,476 07-05-2019, 10:10 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.