Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best places to buy CPAP Masks for Canadians
Best places to buy CPAP Masks for Canadians
Hi!

I recently experienced my first bad head cold / sinusitus with a CPAP (not altogether very pleasant). I managed to continue using my nasal pillow mask throughout and did lots of sinus rinsing (I think my sinuses are currently competing with the Dead Sea for most saline place on Earth). I read up on using the CPAP while having a cold and many on the web use a full face mask for comfort during the time of clog and drip.

Two questions:

1. Which full face mask do people recommend (I am not a fan of having anything placed on my forehead - so the Quattro FX is appealing to me)?

2. Which website(s) / vendors do people recommend for Canadian shoppers (knowledgeable to deal with Canadian customs)? I asked the place I purchased my current CPAP set-up for a quote and had sticker shock (they wanted $350 for a Quattro FX - I saw online for as low as $149). I would need a reputable vendor who is used to shipping to Canada or is Canadian.

Your assistance and time is greatly appreciated!

Sedona
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best places to buy CPAP Masks for Canadians
(01-06-2013, 02:17 PM)Sedona79 Wrote: 1. Which full face mask do people recommend (I am not a fan of having anything placed on my forehead - so the Quattro FX is appealing to me)?
mask is a personal choice. the best mask is the one works best for you
what one find comfortable ... might not as comfortable for someone else
first try the mask (and find what size works best for you) at your local supplier
so you can order the right size and don,t waste your money on the wrong size
I've used Supplier #10 and #2, both ship Resmed products overseas (other suppiers don,t and bound by Resmed stupid policy)
I would recommed either one and both are reliable source
Quattro FX is cheaper from Supplier #10 and they do have wider selections for cpap parts and mask parts (#2 only sell complete masks)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2013, 02:17 PM)Sedona79 Wrote: 2. Which website(s) / vendors do people recommend for Canadian shoppers (knowledgeable to deal with Canadian customs)? I asked the place I purchased my current CPAP set-up for a quote and had sticker shock (they wanted $350 for a Quattro FX - I saw online for as low as $149). I would need a reputable vendor who is used to shipping to Canada or is Canadian.

You can check out who is there in your area that deals with the stuff.
There are a few national and international names that come to mind.
The one I deal with - and here I go officially NOT recommending them - VitalAire, whom I have been dealing with. Unfortunately they don't seem to have my best interests in mind and I feel I'm getting the runaround - they were issuing me a "brick" before I knew what my options were and trying to trade it in is like -- Annoyed-and-disappointed quite unpleasant. And waiting for my next appointment - I finally get to butt heads on Wednesday. So it seems like getting an upgrade to an AutoSet is OK by:
-My doctor
- the government who provides the funding for my machine
- ResMed (I made voice contact)
VitalAire really has no more excuses. But because my dealings with them were unpleasant I will recommend avoiding them.

There is Royal ProResp and MediChair. I will approach one of them for further customer service after the current mess is out of the way.
Originally I dealt with Shopper's Drug Mart Healthcare but it seems they no longer deal with CPAP and that's how I ended up with VitalAire. Don't make the same mistake. I'm sure there are others out there but it's a start for what's in my area. MediChair deals with more than mobility devices. I wasn't sure but upon checking their website, they also do CPAP as well. Without dealing with either directly I can't make a recommendation but it seems that both almost have to be better than what my current experiences were.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2013, 02:17 PM)Sedona79 Wrote: 2. Which website(s) / vendors do people recommend for Canadian shoppers (knowledgeable to deal with Canadian customs)? I asked the place I purchased my current CPAP set-up for a quote and had sticker shock (they wanted $350 for a Quattro FX - I saw online for as low as $149). I would need a reputable vendor who is used to shipping to Canada or is Canadian.

Sedona,

Check out the supplier list (link at the top of every page on Apnea Board). At least one of them is located in Canada, and several others will ship to Canada.

I am a USan, so my understanding of Canadian customs duties is dim. But from what I have gleaned over time medical equipment (properly marked on the box) is exempt. So the only consideration is that shipping costs are slightly higher.

And speaking of customs, what happened to NAFTA? I pushed for legislators here to adopt that in the hopes that it would end this border customs duty crap. But noooo, we still have to deal with border Nazis. Bah.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #10 ship Resmed products to Canada
[Image: canada.jpg]

CPAP Machines, CPAP Masks, and CPAP Supplies Canada Orders

1800CPAP offers shipping on CPAP Machines, CPAP Masks and CPAP supplies to Canada.
We offer you great savings on the CPAP equipment you need!
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk - many thanks again!

JJJ - Dead-on with NAFTA... it seems it was supposed to be useful - just not sure for who.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2013, 07:42 PM)JJJ Wrote: And speaking of customs, what happened to NAFTA?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You suckers were duped big time.
Too-funny Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing Rolling laugh SHa_clap2 GoodOne
Seriously. Here in Canada our then-Prime Minister tried to sell the masses on the alleged "free trade" nonsense. We were told how "good" it would be for Canada and how many jobs could be created. Yeah right. It sent many companies packing for the States. And prices didn't get any better. I was skeptical all along and I was right. In the States, it seemed like nobody I talked to even knew about it. Then we got Mexico in on the gag and the whole thing was branded "NAFTA". So not only did Canada feel the pinch but American companies apparently headed to Mexico. It was all a joke. A big unfunny joke. Here in Canada we knew by then it was a farce. Sorry but NAFTA is a joke. Who does it benefit? Not me. I have yet to find one individual it has helped. Corporations, maybe but not us little guys.

Quote: I pushed for legislators here to adopt that in the hopes that it would end this border customs duty crap. But noooo, we still have to deal with border Nazis. Bah.

Welcome to politics, friend.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Hello
I have been using [link removed] for near a decade and I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Other than a $23.00 shipping I mark this site 5 star.
Prices are better than any ware else plus they are great on any questions or service.
Frank Grin

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

Per Apnea Board Rules, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. If you'd like to refer to the web address of a specific online CPAP Supplier (DME or Durable Medical Equipment retail store), please read our instructions on how to do that - guidelines are placed on our CPAP Supplier List (link at the top right of our forums).

I also cleaned up (and removed) the quoted text.

Thanks for your understanding.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello franklabutte
You forget to add your reply to Sedona79 post
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2013, 07:42 PM)JJJ Wrote: And speaking of customs, what happened to NAFTA? I pushed for legislators here to adopt that in the hopes that it would end this border customs duty crap. But noooo, we still have to deal with border Nazis. Bah.

It's not duties but sales tax which is an issue for on-line purchases between US states, between Canadian provinces, and between states and provinces. Fortunately for the machines there are no sales taxes for medical equipment in Canada. There are taxes for medical supplies. NAFTA won't fix that crap .... I have no clue what would.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 494 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 454 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.