Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best to Lower FlowLimitation or AHI
RE: Best to Lower FlowLimitation or AHI
Based on my experience I'd say, "No" to your question. I just measured the gap between ends and it was 3-1/2" (9cm). I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 08:40 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Based on my experience I'd say, "No" to your question.  I just measured the gap between ends and it was 3-1/2" (9cm).  I hope this may help.

Great information. The 'A' website shows a picture of the back and appears to overlap- probably a woman at the lower end of the scale.  I have been eyeballing the Dr.Dakota style for awhile but will check this out on your recommendation.  Just placed the order, THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info on Dr. Dakota, Big Z. I'll look into that one.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2018, 05:53 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 10:31 AM)zzzZorro Wrote: .  .  .  during the hot nights I cannot tolerate a c-collar.

The regular cervical collars are one hot puppy.   I had the same problem and came across the Caldera releaf(it's their spelling) neck rest.  It has a synthetic silk cover that is a lot cooler than the others.
I have a regular Dr. Dakota but it is only 2.5 inches high in the front, and gradually decreases a bit toward the sides. It doesn't seem to be tall enough for me.  What is the height of the Caldera releaf?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 09:24 PM)trance Wrote: . . . What is the height of the Caldera releaf?

It measure 4" (102mm) with a "V" dip in the chin area that drops down 1/2"(12mm) to make it 3.5" (89mm) overall.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the Caldera ReLeaf today (Large).  Will try it tonight but will be surprised if it is not (1)too hot to wear in summer and (2) stiff enough to keep the jaw closed.
It covers the entire area from the shoulders to the chin and seems rather soft on support.  Hope it proves me wrong on my initial evaluation Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 09:24 PM)trance Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 05:53 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 10:31 AM)zzzZorro Wrote: .  .  .  during the hot nights I cannot tolerate a c-collar.

The regular cervical collars are one hot puppy.   I had the same problem and came across the Caldera releaf(it's their spelling) neck rest.  It has a synthetic silk cover that is a lot cooler than the others.
I have a regular Dr. Dakota but it is only 2.5 inches high in the front, and gradually decreases a bit toward the sides. It doesn't seem to be tall enough for me.  What is the height of the Caldera releaf?

Thanks Trance, anything I have seen on the Dr Dakota appeared that it was too short to work on most of us.  The Dr Dakota LARGE specifically warns that it is 6 inches high and that is why I opted to try the ReLeaf.  I'm thinking now it may have been the better choice unless it was waay stiff to squash down a bit?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2018, 06:45 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:24 PM)trance Wrote: .  .  .  What is the height of the Caldera releaf?

It measure 4" (102mm) with a "V" dip in the chin area that drops down 1/2"(12mm)  to make it 3.5" (89mm) overall.
Sounds like a good size for me. Thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing how it holds up for zzzZorro (no pun intended.) Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2018, 06:22 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: I got the Caldera ReLeaf today (Large).  Will try it tonight but will be surprised if it is not (1)too hot to wear in summer and (2) stiff enough to keep the jaw closed.
It covers the entire area from the shoulders to the chin and seems rather soft on support.  Hope it proves me wrong on my initial evaluation Unsure

trance; The jury is still out.  Could be that my initial observation may be wrong- hope so..

*Took getting used to the ReLeaf as it seems more 'binding' than a standard soft c-collar (but comfortable). 
*I adjusted it slightly loose to maybe keep a bit of air circulation (unlikely).
*Seems to provide minimal jaw support BUT last night I DID have improvement over NOT wearing a collar.  Possibly it helps keep the airway in alignment without keeping the jaw tightly closed?

Plan on evaluating it a couple nights running to see if good fortune persists.  It may be a tad cooler than a standard collar but not sure..
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2018, 09:08 AM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 06:22 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: I got the Caldera ReLeaf today (Large).  Will try it tonight but will be surprised if it is not (1)too hot to wear in summer and (2) stiff enough to keep the jaw closed.

trance; The jury is still out.  Could be that my initial observation may be wrong- hope so..

*Took getting used to the ReLeaf as it seems more 'binding' than a standard soft c-collar (but comfortable). 
*I adjusted it slightly loose to maybe keep a bit of air circulation (unlikely).
*Seems to provide minimal jaw support BUT last night I DID have improvement over NOT wearing a collar.  Possibly it helps keep the airway in alignment without keeping the jaw tightly closed?

Plan on evaluating it a couple nights running to see if good fortune persists.  It may be a tad cooler than a standard collar but not sure..
I hope it works for you. I went ahead and ordered one last night... we shall see. If mine doesn't fit well, I will just continue on with this Futuro that I cut into shape -- literally. Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 403 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How can I lower my AHI? jstro84 26 2,569 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,169 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I lower the pressure? GaspForAir 11 964 12-11-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [CPAP] Lower AHI on firmer mattresses? Jeads95 9 663 10-26-2023, 01:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,564 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 960 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.