Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best tracking software?
RE: Best tracking software?
Thanks to you all for the responses!! I've downloaded SleepyHead and imported my data. Now I'm going to spend some time analyzing all of the charts/graphs!!

EmilySleeps
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both Rescan and Sleepyhead software and like them both. I had to use Rescan when I started out because Sleepyhead did not support the older CPAP that I had. As soon as I got my Resmed S9 machine, I loaded up Sleepyhead and have been using both ever since.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
PaytonA - What do you feel is the advantage to using both? Do they provide different kinds of data?
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
EmilySleeps,
I too have both ResScan and SleepyHead. I prefer SH because it has more descriptive information than ResScan. I use SH to furnish my Pulmonologist weekly reports. However he uses ResScan at his office so I keep it around for fun and giggles.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 02:00 PM)EmilySleeps Wrote: PaytonA - What do you feel is the advantage to using both? Do they provide different kinds of data?

I am not sure that there is any concrete advantage. I spent a couple of years not being able to use Sleepyhead and so got very used to Rescan. I like the event display in Rescan. Everything about the events is right there and I think very intuitive to interpret. On the other hand, in my head, the event display in Sleepyhead looks less threatening to me when I see a fair number of events. Again on the other hand, if one has major clusters of events, it is easier to break out the detail in Sleepyhead. It is also much easier to drill down into real detail on the flow rate chart for events shown in the event flag chart. I also like the pop-up info flags that one can bring up in Rescan. I have not been all that successful yet with the same in Sleepyhead.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the way ResScan display numbers when you move the cursor over the pressure and leak graph, also the little colored flags with duration in seconds. Looking here and there might confuse me and doesn't take much to get me confused

I might take a look at the download when come across something out of the ordinary but most of the time its pretty ordinary ... quick glance over the detailed sleep report suffice

* How you feel is the best tracking software *
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead works with Linux, while, AFAIK Rescan does not... I haven't tried, SH is dandy. My biggest nit with it is that If you take your mask off and put it back on in the middle of the night, it doesn't combine the sessions and you end up "out of compliance" For compliance data, hopefully rescan does a better job. Haven't seen it, tho.
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread is pretty mature but both have significant advantages over the other so it may be about YOUR needs or preferences.

Personally I find looking at BOTH the quickest way to learn the most about what is going on.

You can search for posts from me with Resmed and Sleepyhead included to find comparisons I have written about the various features (that may or may not matter) where each beats out the other.

Either is sufficient -- both together are stronger.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both Rescan and Sleepyhead with my S9 but find Sleepyhead is easier to use and gives me all the information I need to keep my therapy on track. I'm running SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 (testing) that is Beta I suppose but works just fine for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 05:32 PM)zonk Wrote: I like the way ResScan display numbers when you move the cursor over the pressure and leak graph, also the little colored flags with duration in seconds.

In version 0.9.8.1-testing, You can turn on the line cursor (View->Toggle Cursor; CTRL-L). This will display a line along the data values on each parameter in the Daily View. Scrolling along the graphs will display the value recorded at that particular time. I really like this feature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,329 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 350 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,124 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Dreamstation 2 session tracking hillie16 3 492 12-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.