Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best way to format & organize SD card for multiple brand CPAP machines?
Best way to format & organize SD card for multiple brand CPAP machines?
I'm new to CPAP (3 weeks in toto, 1 of which was the titration week), and have used the following machines & software:
A. Philips Respironics non-Bi-pap loaner machine from Kaiser
B. Resmed A10 machine set up by Kaiser
C. Philips Respironics Bi-Pap borrowed machine from my friend
-----
a. Encore Basic (for the Respironics machines)
b. Rescan (for the Resmed machine)
c. SleepyHead (for all three machines)

One unanticipated problem I'm running into is that I was "sharing" the SD card between the latter two machines; but the SleepyHead software was getting confused between the two machines all on a single card.

That brings up two questions:
1. What's the best way to "format" these SD cards for cpap use?
2. How do you best organize the card to use among different machines?
[Image: oVB12T.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best way to format & organize SD card for multiple brand CPAP machines?
Sleepyhead won't know how to handle multiple machines on one card. It can handle multiple machines though. If you import data under the same profile in Sleepyhead, It will set up a folder for Machine A. If you use another SD card with a different machine on it, Machine B, sleepyhead will create a new folder for that. You will be able to move back and forth between the two machines in sleeyhead seamlessly without having to load another profile. If you need to keep the raw data it is best to either use different SD cards one for each machine or backup the SD card to your computer and erase it for the next machine.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the best way is to just keep a separate card in each machine. That's what I do.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2016, 03:30 PM)AlanE Wrote: Sleepyhead won't know how to handle multiple machines on one card.
I guess I empirically found that out, much to my chagrin.
(06-09-2016, 03:30 PM)AlanE Wrote: It can handle multiple machines though. If you import data under the same profile in Sleepyhead, It will set up a folder for Machine A. If you use another SD card with a different machine on it, Machine B, sleepyhead will create a new folder for that. You will be able to move back and forth between the two machines in sleeyhead seamlessly without having to load another profile.
That's what I'll do then.

(06-09-2016, 03:30 PM)AlanE Wrote: If you need to keep the raw data it is best to either use different SD cards one for each machine or backup the SD card to your computer and erase it for the next machine.

I can format the SD card on Windows.
Is that all it takes?

Most flash cards are best formatted either "for" the device they're being used on or "by" the device itself.

Can the Philips or ResMed machines format an SD card?
If not, what format do we use from Windows to format them?

(06-09-2016, 10:40 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I think the best way is to just keep a separate card in each machine. That's what I do.

I looked around for a spare flash card formatted for a camera.
So now I have 1 card per machine.

Will a typical Windows format work just fine?
Post Reply Post Reply
verbatim1,
Yes, a Windows PC can format the SD cards. Use a FAT32 format. Expect further formatting, the writing of specific files, when you insert the SD cards into each machine. You should be good to go after that.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,209 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 161 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: capman
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 439 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 213 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 288 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.