Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting
RE: Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting
You'll have to forgive the skepticism, but there's lots of Apnea patients here on this forum alone that have to fight against the doctor, the DME, and insurance continually just to get minimal acceptable care for Apnea treatment. And the percentage that actually get what they need is a fraction of all that actually need some sort of Apnea treatment. Most that self fund will be fine. The rest of us, not so well.

Insurance dictates the doctor's answers despite test results indicating another direction. Just as one example. Almost all PAP machines will be set to default pressure. Open the box, hand you the forms to be signed as they need to cash in, here's your PAP, pat your head, go and use it for compliance, see the assistant in a month or so, again for compliance. All while hoping defaults on an Auto CPAP will do something so you the patient will keep using it. That is how most Apnea patients are really treated by the highly skilled doctors.

You may find that your trusted supplier sounds to have some conflict of interest. Being the RT and DME owner are the same person is not the best setup conducive to treating your therapy needs the best possible way.

You have to realize you're the Apnea patient not the doctor now. Likely, your medical training counts very little now as you yourself must play by the rules of Apnea patient, meaning you don't know what you're talking about. Your complaints and symptoms will get ignored. This is how it works, according to the sleep and pulmonary doctors, DME's, insurance.

If you do not self advocate on machine choice, carefully selecting pressures, monitoring with OSCAR, and taking on a high level self advocacy, you're in for a very rude awakening. You'll be treated badly by you doctors and RT, DME, your PAP will be selected for which means the most profit not success, and so on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2021, 07:17 PM)DaveCar Wrote: I'll second the baby-wipes thing (Huggies is my choice) for daily mask clean. Those things are crazy good cleaners for all sorts of things, not to mention also good for a quick personal freshen-up.  Once a week, a good antibacterial hand soap wash seems to do the trick.  Dont forget to wash/wipe the headgear straps too, they do eventually get oily etc.

I've read NOT to use antibacterial soap on CPAP equipment since there's a chemical that does harm to the masks, etc. I avoid antibacterial soaps in general for several reasons, but that goes way beyond the scope here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using Clorox Anti-Bacterial wet wipes. They do a great job on my mask and cushion. I also use one on the connector on the end of the air hose. 

They do have a slight aroma to them, but it dissipates quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use whatever dish-washing detergent my wife buys. Sometimes it's antibacterial and sometimes not. I haven't noticed any adverse effect on my components and I used the same cushion for two years and have used the original frame for almost 5 years.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The best way to clean your mask is to use mild soapy water. 

Far more effective than wipes and (in my experience) eliminates the problem of sore nose bridges.

And happily, it's a darn sight cheaper than buying masks.

But please note the MEMORY FOAM mask that you can use with the F20 should be cleaned with a wipe and NOT with water.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just going on record to state that the Clorox Anti-Bacterial wipes do not harm the cushion and/or mask in any way. 

Been using them now long ago that I would have noticed it the reverse were true.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,799 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 185 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 612 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 761 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.