Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Between mask sizes
Between mask sizes
I am between a small and medium ffm size. Anyone have any thoughts? I am trying the f10 small and it hurts my nose. I am a mouth breather and still have to west a chin strap.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Between mask sizes
My face measures on the money for a medium for both of the FFMs that I use. For the Mirage Quattro, after using a medium for a while, I decided that a small might work better and it has. I also use a Simplus mask that I am beginning to like better and better. I started out with a medium then went to the small and am now back on the medium.

My idea for going to small sizes was to keep the bottom of the frame from pushing down on my chin and possibly interfering with my mouth seal. Seemed to work well on the Mirage Quattro but did not make as much difference on the Simplus and the medium seems a little less touchy about developing air leaks into my eyes whinc bothers me and wakes me up.

That is my story. I do not know if it will help you any but put it out there just in case it does. It might also convince you that I am a little insane but that is OK too.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the RespCARE Hybrid FFM. Pillows and smaller mouth seal area. Also, has a chin flap, so no chin strap needed.
Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that a small is right, but since my mouth opens a little when I sleep, it pulls the mask down on the bridge of my nose. I have started using a gecko which helps. In three weeks I can get a new mask and I will try the medium. I'm concerned, however, that the larger size might leak more around the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
If possible, try a range of different types and sizes. I would expect your DME has a bunch of trial masks that you can try on to see which fits best and is most comfortable. Most of us go through several masks to get the right one, so eliminate as many as you can before investng time, money and energy in those which won't suit you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Simplus , in ffm. Or fitlife.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heated cpap tube sizes please! Always Confused 2 657 08-22-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,639 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,318 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,885 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mirage Quattro Sizes tulip0852 5 945 10-15-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Mask Actual Sizes freddyfl209 9 1,441 04-01-2020, 06:15 PM
Last Post: MitchS
  [Equipment] Hose sizes PaulaBunyan 1 805 01-18-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.