Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Beware of Private Message (PM) Solicitations
Beware of Private Message (PM) Solicitations
We have had a DME soliciting customers to purchase CPAP machines from them via PMs (Private Messages). If you get a PM from a DME (Durable Medical Equipment Supplier), please be aware that this is not a sanctioned Apnea Board activity and is against our rules. If you receive a PM like this, please forward it to SuperSleeper.

Thanks!

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Beware of Private Message (PM) Solicitations
Going to call up Guido in Jersey to go down and break their knees?

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 05:02 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Going to call up Guido in Jersey to go down and break their knees?

Smile

No, it's my cousin Vinnie from Jersey. He prefers to break their left pinkie. Far more disruptive to their online shenanigans, typing-wise. Cool So, if you see someone who posts with ALL CAPS or all lower case, it might be someone who Vinnie "got to" already, since they can't use the shift key well.

The problem with this particular DME offender is that they were "pretending" to be a "fellow sleep apnea patient" who was simply "recommending" a DME to another patient.

This is the problem with accepting Private Messages at face-value. At least when they post publicly in the forums, we have others here who can see what they post and offer a bit of a critical eye when someone posts information. That's why it's usually safer to go by what's said in the public forum here than by what someone sends in a PM.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:This is the problem with accepting Private Messages at face-value. At least when they post publicly in the forums, we have others here who can see what they post and offer a bit of a critical eye when someone posts information. That's why it's usually safer to go by what's said in the public forum here than by what someone sends in a PM.

Coffee

Please REST ASSURED that the " Welcome Aboard PM's" from Bompa ( Official Greeter) are nice PM's and not nasty ones.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I saw the first message, I was thinking along the lines of "hi, I noticed you are in the market for a <X> device and our office is in your city; you might want to consider coming by and we can fix you up with everything you'll need". Although you get to make the rules for your own forum, I couldn't see too much of a problem with that sort of message.

But "hi, I'm a fellow patient, and these guys did really well by me" is deceptive, dishonest, and underhanded.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 04:12 PM)RonWessels Wrote: deceptive, dishonest, and underhanded.

A DME using trickery and deceit to drum up business?!? Say it ain't so! I'm sure the DME in question was sincerely trying to help.

Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 11:10 AM)Bompa Wrote: Please REST ASSURED that the " Welcome Aboard PM's" from Bompa ( Official Greeter) are nice PM's and not nasty ones.

Also, please be aware of this guy called "Bompa" who claims to be the official greeter... Bigwink

Okay, not really... he really is the official greeter. Not a bad guy either. Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 05:01 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 11:10 AM)Bompa Wrote: Please REST ASSURED that the " Welcome Aboard PM's" from Bompa ( Official Greeter) are nice PM's and not nasty ones.

Also, please be aware of this guy called "Bompa" who claims to be the official greeter... Bigwink

Okay, not really... he really is the official greeter. Not a bad guy either. Coffee

THANKS SS!!!!
I think the world of you too !!!!!

Dielaughing Laugh-a-lot Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation 2 Message gq1234 3 2,459 09-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Equipment] DreamStation "Check Power" message HerbieK 1 6,283 02-26-2023, 09:50 PM
Last Post: PhoenixRising
  Error Message - Reached Attachment Quota parkdj808 2 490 02-14-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: parkdj808
  DME solicitations for mask parts mel062369 5 671 11-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [Admin Note] Reminder concerning advice offered via Private Messages SuperSleeper 1 1,087 10-27-2022, 09:27 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto Adjust Error message E06 MSGabbani 2 1,070 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: MSGabbani

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.