Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Beware of children!
Beware of children!
Ack! I suppose at some point my 2-year-old daughter saw me remove my SD card from my machine, because this morning I noticed that the card slot door was open and the card was gone. I asked her if she recalled where she might have placed it, and she smiled and has refused to tell me, or she simply forgot what she did with it.

I have checked all of her usual repositories and stashes for stolen household items and it is still missing. I usually upload my data every Friday morning at work, so as of now, I am only missing a week's worth of data. However, this week was special in that I collected my first whole week's worth of oximetry data that I was looking forward to lining up with my CPAP data. Those of you who have worked with an oximeter know that it's not exactly "pleasant" to wear while sleeping (can you say "sore fingernails" and "raw cuticle"?!).

Anyway, this post is part venting and part warning - if you have small children, be sure you keep an eye out for them. Those of the brighter, more mechanically inclined and/or just plain nosy, just might swipe your SD card for their own amusement. Too-funny

On the downside, I wonder what my DME will charge me for a new SD card - probably a ridiculous fortune. I'm about to research whether I can just throw any SDHC card in my machine and have it work. If so, I might go for a large storage capacity.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Beware of children!
My 15 month old Grandaugher took notice of my APAP right away. Was very facinated, turning the knob and pressing buttons. UGH, now keep my bedroom door closed. She also managed to delete many Apps on my IPad. Sad

You should be able to get an SD card from any of the Suppliers on list above. Im sure your DME would charge twice as much.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty much any SD or SDHC card will work, even if the manufacturer or DME says no. Anything 2 GB or larger will probably never fill up. Try it and see.

Don't be surprised if the medical mafia acts like you've committed a perverted crime by using a non-approved SD card. There may be some regulatory concerns about them selling you a "non-medical" SD card, but it should work fine.

In my experience, SD cards have compatibility problems in many devices even when the specs are right. Sometimes Card A just won't work in Slot B, even though the specs are right. Most people have found that pretty much any SD card works in any CPAP machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
2 year old and an SD card? Kinda looks like cookie... so, if it proved to be irresistible, in a day or two, it should come out the other end without much trouble.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
if that is the case, she may wish it was a micro-sd...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Possum, just go to any electronics store, department store (Walmart) or wherever photographic supplies are sold. SD cards are cheap, and anything smaller than 16 GB will work fine. The original card is just a rebranded 2-GB SD card. Don't worry about speed, size, etc. just get the cheapest one you can find. A clean card formatted to FAT-32 is what you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 02:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Possum, just go to any electronics store, department store (Walmart) or wherever photographic supplies are sold. SD cards are cheap, and anything smaller than 16 GB will work fine. The original card is just a rebranded 2-GB SD card. Don't worry about speed, size, etc. just get the cheapest one you can find. A clean card formatted to FAT-32 is what you need.

Thanks, Sleeprider.. my next question was going to be what formatting does it require. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 02:02 PM)Possum Wrote: Thanks, Sleeprider.. my next question was going to be what formatting does it require. Smile

I believe the machine will format it automatically if needed. If not, I think FAT32 is the answer.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 02:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Possum, just go to any electronics store, department store (Walmart) or wherever photographic supplies are sold. SD cards are cheap, and anything smaller than 16 GB will work fine. The original card is just a rebranded 2-GB SD card. Don't worry about speed, size, etc. just get the cheapest one you can find. A clean card formatted to FAT-32 is what you need.

It's always cheaper to buy things like this online than in any big box store. A tiny one like you'd need for a CPAP machine will be between $5.00 and $10.00 with free shipping and will be in your mailbox in 2 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got two from SecondWind (Supplier #2). Paid more than I wanted but I'd rather get it from them than a big box store. I knew it would work without having to guess. Popped it in the machine and let it do its thing.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  beware if you attempt to give blood with cpap mask rubbing sleepybones 7 1,576 07-26-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  BEWARE Snake Oil Salesmen! jsielke 2 1,482 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  New member, test results today, anything I need beware? awoodby 12 2,921 03-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Noobs Beware! FLcracker 29 8,766 01-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Last Post: klv329
  Are our children really sleeping well brianwood619 9 3,000 03-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: woozie38
  Beware of Private Message (PM) Solicitations SuperSleeper 7 3,543 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Bompa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.