Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Beware of children!
RE: Beware of children!
My CPAP is kind of important in my life.
I simple continually remind those young ones, "if you accidentally touch and break my breathing machine, I'll die. You don't want me to die do you?". OK, it's a slight exaggeration, but I find there's no grey area with kids. I want their little hands to tremble if they get within 3" of my machine. (It's the most important asset I'll ever own in my entire life.) They're welcome to destroy anything else and I'll quickly forgive them.

On the SD card side, I back-up the whole folder to my hard drive every few days. Analyze the card first so that you can quickly (and cheaply) recreate another.

I'm thinking of switching my SD card for a MicroSD card with SD adapter because MicroSD would be kind of handy with many more devices now (tablets, etc.). Of course, we all should probably get the Bluetooth SD card but my sleep is so 'sensitive' those Bluetooth waves will probably keep me awake all night!

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 05:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I just got two from SecondWind (Supplier #2). Paid more than I wanted but I'd rather get it from them than a big box store. I knew it would work without having to guess. Popped it in the machine and let it do its thing.
Well, peace of mind, just like everything else, has it's price. ( spoken by a buy who would first take a card from his camera or a phone or a tablet or a GPS or a picture frame, buck the content up and and see if it simply works in an xPAP and than leave it there finding a reason to buy a bigger and faster one for whatever piece of equipment it came off )

Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Possum,
I hope you find your SD card.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 08:35 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Well, peace of mind, just like everything else, has it's price. ( spoken by a buy who would first take a card from his camera or a phone or a tablet or a GPS or a picture frame, buck the content up and and see if it simply works in an xPAP and than leave it there finding a reason to buy a bigger and faster one for whatever piece of equipment it came off )

Ahhhh...great minds think alike!!

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you thought of showing you daughter another SD card and telling her it is lonesome and needs to find the other card? Then don't let her out of your sight!
Post Reply Post Reply
A great opportunity to get a FlasiAir card, and never have to remove it again Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2016, 08:40 PM)parkerdt Wrote: A great opportunity to get a FlasiAir card, and never have to remove it again Smile

I wonder if a FlashAir will still transmit from a child's diaper?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2016, 09:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 08:40 PM)parkerdt Wrote: A great opportunity to get a FlasiAir card, and never have to remove it again Smile

I know you were joking, but no, it won't. Not unless the fluids in the diaper somehow form a battery...
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 06:24 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: I'm thinking of switching my SD card for a MicroSD card with SD adapter because MicroSD would be kind of handy with many more devices now (tablets, etc.).

Well, I would be concerned that an adapter would be flimsy and would not last very long.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2016, 11:20 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 09:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

I know you were joking, but no, it won't. Not unless the fluids in the diaper somehow form a battery...

Big Grin
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  beware if you attempt to give blood with cpap mask rubbing sleepybones 7 1,575 07-26-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  BEWARE Snake Oil Salesmen! jsielke 2 1,480 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  New member, test results today, anything I need beware? awoodby 12 2,920 03-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Noobs Beware! FLcracker 29 8,764 01-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Last Post: klv329
  Are our children really sleeping well brianwood619 9 2,998 03-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: woozie38
  Beware of Private Message (PM) Solicitations SuperSleeper 7 3,542 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Bompa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.