Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bi-Pap compatible with OSCAR
Bi-Pap compatible with OSCAR
Hi ALL

I'm back after a couple of years of several health mishaps, including a very, very,  minor stroke last June.  *sigh* I was very lucky it was so minor.

An asthma flare last fall had me push the pressure up to about 14 as resistance from the lung inflammation makes breathing more difficult. My Resmed 10 for Her is set to the max EPR of 3.  Also, there is no  standard protocol for using any kind of PAP when an asthma flare occurs. Has anyone else found a strategy that helps?

When I did my most recent follow-up and mentioned the settings, polysomnography with a Bi-Pap was suggested and I just completed it last week. The tech said he thought he found good settings for me, so I suspect a Bi-Pap will be recommended. 

Given that, I am interested in finding one compatible with OSCAR, as I like to know how my sleep is going, plus I want to be able to see how it is working when I have an asthma flare.

What suggestions do you have? I'll read up on them before the appointment so I can push for a good option.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bi-Pap compatible with OSCAR
The BEST bipap is ResMed S10 aircurve VAUTO. I own one and it is a great machine. I can’t tell you if bipap is the best for you but the ResMed VAUTO is the best machine
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
As stacey said, the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto seems to be the best for comfort and effectiveness among the bielvel machines. We frequently see members with the Philips BiPAP end up with less comfort and more events. The Resmed also has timing controls to fine tune inspiration time and trigger/cycle sensitivity. It will feel much like your Airsense 10 with the same Easybreathe algorithm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:

The BiPap study results suggest that 15/11 will work best for me. I used to be down at a pressure of 8. Apparently the asthma and/or connective tissue disease have done a number on my lungs.

Thanks for the feedback on the machine. The doc I spoke with likes it too, so that's what will be prescribed. The office staff will look into vendors. Meanwhile, I'll crank the CPAP up to 15 with a 3 EPR. and see how it goes.

Post Reply Post Reply
You will really like the new machine. It offers so much more than just the bilevel pressure, with timing and sensitivity controls as well. Looking forward to getting you started.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put the pressure on my current Airsense for her to 15 with the EPR of 3.
Wow - that really dropped the AHI - down to about 1.3.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds great. That is bilevel pressure of 15/12, so pretty close to what you're shooting for.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,844 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,331 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  oxymeter compatible with macintosh Larrypac 1 434 01-14-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Compatible NONIN sensors from China nikonomikon 11 1,858 05-29-2022, 04:52 AM
Last Post: nikonomikon
  [Equipment] NONIN Xpod + AirSense 10 - OSCAR compatible? mhoffmann 3 796 01-06-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: mhoffmann
  Wrist oximeter compatible with oscar- which one to buy? sanemonk1 18 2,247 05-24-2021, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.