Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: Respironics system one heated
CPAP Pressure: 10/14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Bi-Pap rechargeable battery pack
I have been using a BiPAP since January and it’s definitely doing its job. We are RV’ers and Boaters. RVing is no problem as we stay at parks with power. Boating – we stay at marinas with power but also anchor out for several days. Plus a backup when the power goes out.

I use a Responics BiPap Pro Bi-flex (660P) with a humidifier. Pressures are 10 and 14. I’m told that the Respironics Battery Kit for PR System One 60 Series Machine is the best for me. The other option, C-100 will run down too quickly. And of course, there is the marine battery but would like to avoid that unless it’s the only option.

There is no DC plug close to the bed so I'll have to use the battery. To recharge the battery we have one DC plug on the bridge of the boat. We also run the generator twice a day (for one hour) to top off our boat batteries. So we can recharge using AC for that amount of time.

I’m asking for help on what recommendations you might have for while we’re boating and if there are any other options out there. Most important are the recharge times which I know depends on how long I sleep, leakage, etc. I was told 10 hours on battery but did not get any info on how long it takes to recharge using AC/110 which we have when the generator is on.

I was told the BiPap machine draws 1.15 amps and the humidifier 2.1.
Thanks, Tim
02-28-2015 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Bi-Pap rechargeable battery pack
For a boat or RV you probably have access to a deep cycle RV battery. The power demand of your BiPAP without the humidifier is low and can easily run off the battery using a Respironics DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. Most suppliers carry this for under $30. All you need is a 12 volt outlet where you sleep. I would not spend the money on the portable battery solution when you have a large RV battery intended for this kind of demand onboard.

02-28-2015 03:06 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi Tootsiepie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more ideas and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
02-28-2015 03:42 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

A bilevel would have a larger draw than an APAP, especially at his settings of 10/14.

What you could do is get the boat's battery and try it now, before you are on the boat (and run the risk of being stuck at sea). Try it one night without the humidifier and one with to see how long it lasts. You will only need that DC cord which is fairly cheap.

If the machine doesn't kill the battery overnight, you could just get another battery like what the boat uses. They are cheaper than the CPAP batteries and you can use the boat to charge it (just switch it with the charged one at some point during the day). You won't need to carry it anywhere off the boat anyway.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-28-2015 07:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 278 22,185 10-27-2016 05:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Battery for Airplane Travel EmilySleeps 5 504 09-16-2016 02:00 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Pilot-24 CPAP Battery System from Medistrom sonicboom 15 4,561 09-16-2016 11:07 AM
Last Post: DSchabel
  [Equipment] Camping for 7 days - AirCurve 10 ASV - battery power? Grooves McFly 21 2,767 08-31-2016 01:29 AM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  [Equipment] Battery usage with CPAP (S7 and A10) MrGadget 10 760 08-26-2016 06:24 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  [CPAP] Battery powered unit for motorcycle camping David Petersen 9 3,744 07-19-2016 12:55 PM
Last Post: MrGadget
  [Equipment] Battery power experience for Dreamstation Auto CPAP NorthernGuy 9 1,230 07-10-2016 09:03 AM
Last Post: NorthernGuy