Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bi-Pap rechargeable battery pack
Bi-Pap rechargeable battery pack
I have been using a BiPAP since January and it’s definitely doing its job. We are RV’ers and Boaters. RVing is no problem as we stay at parks with power. Boating – we stay at marinas with power but also anchor out for several days. Plus a backup when the power goes out.

I use a Responics BiPap Pro Bi-flex (660P) with a humidifier. Pressures are 10 and 14. I’m told that the Respironics Battery Kit for PR System One 60 Series Machine is the best for me. The other option, C-100 will run down too quickly. And of course, there is the marine battery but would like to avoid that unless it’s the only option.

There is no DC plug close to the bed so I'll have to use the battery. To recharge the battery we have one DC plug on the bridge of the boat. We also run the generator twice a day (for one hour) to top off our boat batteries. So we can recharge using AC for that amount of time.

I’m asking for help on what recommendations you might have for while we’re boating and if there are any other options out there. Most important are the recharge times which I know depends on how long I sleep, leakage, etc. I was told 10 hours on battery but did not get any info on how long it takes to recharge using AC/110 which we have when the generator is on.

I was told the BiPap machine draws 1.15 amps and the humidifier 2.1.
Thanks, Tim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bi-Pap rechargeable battery pack
For a boat or RV you probably have access to a deep cycle RV battery. The power demand of your BiPAP without the humidifier is low and can easily run off the battery using a Respironics DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. Most suppliers carry this for under $30. All you need is a 12 volt outlet where you sleep. I would not spend the money on the portable battery solution when you have a large RV battery intended for this kind of demand onboard.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tootsiepie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more ideas and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
A bilevel would have a larger draw than an APAP, especially at his settings of 10/14.

What you could do is get the boat's battery and try it now, before you are on the boat (and run the risk of being stuck at sea). Try it one night without the humidifier and one with to see how long it lasts. You will only need that DC cord which is fairly cheap.

If the machine doesn't kill the battery overnight, you could just get another battery like what the boat uses. They are cheaper than the CPAP batteries and you can use the boat to charge it (just switch it with the charged one at some point during the day). You won't need to carry it anywhere off the boat anyway.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 79 11 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,816 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,437 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,498 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10 Jantoe 15 3,884 12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.