Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

General questions from a newbie
RE: General questions from a newbie
Just wanted to update:

Things are going well so far, except for sinus congestion and my claustrophobia (I did not take that into account when I chose the nasal mask). I do OK until I get too congested to move enough air, or start breathing through my mouth because I panic over having something on my nose. I just ordered a different mask so I can breath through my mouth, and we'll see how that does.

Today I'll pick up some saline spray and Flonase and see if that helps with the congestion/dryness, I wasn't able to wear the nasal mask for a couple days because I couldn't move enough air through my nose.

I printed out a log so every day I write down the numbers from the night before (pressure, number of events, AHI, etc), so I can keep track a little better. I'm having events maybe once an hour when using the machine, which is an improvement. The machine is very quiet, can barely hear it, and my cat has stopped attacking the mask when it's on me. I'm only a couple weeks into this whole thing, but I'm optimistic that when I find the right mask and get used to having things on my face I will do just fine, and actually start sleeping well.

I've got a link to an AirSense 10 and a Dreamstation bookmarked, they are on my wish list when funds allow for an upgrade to a better unit. I'll check back in here now and then to pick up pointers as I go.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.