Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP Reviews
RE: BiPAP Reviews
Thank you for your help, too! 
It was my fault for being confusing and confused. Learning a lot on these boards though. 
Wish us luck, first night on VPAP (See I remembered )  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go with the ResMed, be wary of the Central Apnea Detection method that it uses.  Three seconds into any apnea, some of their machines start sending pulses that can be disruptive to sleep.  The solution can be worse than the disease.  

If you're going to use any machine that has central detection with a child, insist that your child receive a sleep study using THAT MACHINE with your kid and verify that the pulses do not impact your child's sleep by watching the brainwave results.

Don't let them use their sleep study machine!  It doesn't send the Central Apnea Detection pulses and thus there's no way to know whether the pulses disrupt your child's sleep.  

Don't rely upon your child to tell you how they feel.  A ten year old is too young to be able to articulate (or even recognize) if their sleep is disrupted.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='262030' dateline='1528431177']
Reznik
If you go with the ResMed, be wary of the Central Apnea Detection method that it uses.  Three seconds into any apnea, some of their machines start sending pulses that can be disruptive to sleep.  The solution can be worse than the disease.  

If you're going to use any machine that has central detection with a child, insist that your child receive a sleep study using THAT MACHINE with your kid and verify that the pulses do not impact your child's sleep by watching the brainwave results.

Don't let them use their sleep study machine!  It doesn't send the Central Apnea Detection pulses and thus there's no way to know whether the pulses disrupt your child's sleep.  

Don't rely upon your child to tell you how they feel.  A ten year old is too young to be able to articulate (or even recognize) if their sleep is disrupted.
[/quote]

That is pretty alarmist sounding.  A small minority of people are even aware of the "forced oscillation technique" (FOT) which is a 1.0 cm peak to peak pressure oscillation at 4 Hz used to determine if the airway is open.  In other threads you have also warned of the dangers of EMF from a CPAP.  Me thinks you worry too much and would like others to share your irrational fears.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2018, 08:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: [quote pid='262030' dateline='1528431177']
Reznik

That is pretty alarmist sounding.  A small minority of people are even aware of the "forced oscillation technique" (FOT) which is a 1.0 cm peak to peak pressure oscillation at 4 Hz used to determine if the airway is open.  In other threads you have also warned of the dangers of EMF from a CPAP.  Me thinks you worry too much and would like others to share your irrational fears.
[/quote]

Anyone who has sleep apnea should be able to understand that things you don't notice can dramatically affect your sleep.

I do believe that it is important for people to understand what their machines do while they'e asleep, and how those things may impact their sleep without them knowing.  I'm not sure why you find that alarmist.

You also appear to have misunderstood what I wrote about EMF.  You may want to re read what I wrote.  My position is that the risks of EMF are unknown, but that there are some easy, commonsense precautions that we can take to minimize our exposure to that unknown risk.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,153 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,553 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 415 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New to BIPAP, how does my data look? slaynie 4 519 12-11-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: slaynie
  new to bipap want the best experiance bssford460 3 520 11-16-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.